Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Guy's Scottsdale, Is it just me, or...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 12, 2012.

1. I had the same feeling last fall. I agree with you.

2. CRUZN60

CRUZN60

I have a group that comes down for the fall show every year from Las Vegas. There are a few reasons why we do not come in the spring.
    1. The hotels in Scottsdale RAPE you in the sping compared to the rates in the fall.
    2. It also seems like back to back shows are kind of like watching the same movie twice in a row. The show is good, but not great like the GNRS.
    These are out major reasons we do not come down.

3. teach'm

teach'm
    from Tucson, AZ

I don't have any complaints about Goodguys or the event, just a shift in my priorities this time around. I can't speak for other people who didn't attend, but there were several reasons why I decided to skip the Spring event this year. The weekend before Goodguys we drove to L.A. for Deuce Week at the Petersen Museum, and after 1,100 miles and 3 nights of hotel rooms, it didn't make financial sense to spend a second straight weekend away from home in the hot rod.

Having two Scottsdale Goodguys events per season also played into the decision to stay home. I've always enjoyed both the Spring and Fall Nationals, but knowing there would be another (larger) Goodguys event in November made it that much easier to skip this time around.

-Ryan

4. dont get me wrong i dont want to see any late models either , so i just go to the saturday show
    i go to the 2 local goodguys shows every year, was thinking of hitting the chicago show this year but itgs gone now may do the tennessee show instead

but i am a goodguys member and will continue to be

once i get a show worthy car done ill be there for the whole weekend

5. metal man

metal man

Funniest thing I've seen all week.

6. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fred, is that the bar we would hang out at on Sundays, the Darkhorse I think it was? I'd hate to think that turned into a ricer scene.

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

Greetings fellow HAMB board members.

I attended some Goodguys event. I drive a rat rod that I call traditional and was unhappy with the price of gas and the blue cars that were not like mine. I paid $18 dollars and though it was cheaper than doing something else all weekend and it involved cars, I was ripped off because Goodguys made money after gambling shitloads of it to put on their event . Also there were too many people not as cool as me there, and not enough free '32 Fords. I only like events with 9 cars and my job isn't putting on car shows, it's insurance salesman who pretends to be a cool hot rodder, fabricator and internet tough guy so Goodguys sucks and I quit.

Disgruntled: Pompadour Pedro McCumdumpster.

8. hemi

hemi

Now wait a damn minute...... :D:D:D

This has been hot rodding since the beginning. They did it with hubcaps in the '50s, chrome wheels in the '60s, and mags after that in the musclecar era. That's how come we have all of these old cars still being hot rodded. You were a high school superstar if you showed up in a brand new '50 Ford with Moon discs and a raccoon tail..... Same shit, different decade. That IS hot rodding.

And most times, if we get our heads out of our asses and know what we are looking at, we will see a lot more going on in the new cars than a wheel swap... they are all car guys, you should be thankful that they are.

All the horse guys grumbled about the new-fangled gas engines mucking up the roads....

9. slammed

slammed

There needs to be these pros and cons feedback thread's so people can adjust their timing and tastes to what day if any, would suit them. People should also check out the multi threads of event coverage and see what cars are predominate in that region. It should be catching on by now. Do your homework people. Now say the phrase 'yes we can' backwards (or play on youtube, you'll see).

10. metal man

metal man

Once again, well said. Go or don't go...sheesh. We do this about once a month.

11. bowtiemyk

bowtiemyk

I'm done with the Greedy-Guys shows.

12. Pedro text me and he say he want you to stop calling him.

You have very pretty pussy, but sweater make you look like clown.

Time passes and cut off dates change with them. There was a time when post '48 was considered too new by some. Time left those people behind and Gay Guys continued. Let them hate you for letting in "hemi" Challenger goldchainers, that okay, I hate you because you are capitalist oppressor of the masses. Pig dog.

13. metal man

metal man

Huh? I understood exactly one sentence of that. I think I missed the joke:confused:.

14. slammed

slammed

!^^^^^^Emi-Gemi-Pec-Poki-Da^^^^^^^!

15. slammed

slammed

He is the GERM of 'nam. It is acquired humor!

16. ronbo48

ronbo48

I know for a fact there were 1750 cars registered. November was bigger--but with blue skies and 70 degree weather---how can you go wrong?

Super Sunday is a new thing and since the crowd is always small---why not?

I think they can go away with the auto-cross----I love it when all those beautiful rods are parked a few feet from the course----It is just a matter of time and you will see some serious crunching going on!!!!!!!

17. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

any one have any more pictures to share

18. He said you have a pretty pussy

19. metal man

metal man

I guess I should thank him then;)

20. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Don't blanket statement me Capt. KIRK(!!)! I love going to your god-for-saken shows so shut the hell up!

Jack ass.

21. KIRK!

KIRK!

It's a cozy blanket though. Did you really run the AutoCross? How did I miss that?

22. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The commie bastard was talking to Kirk making an oblique reference to his avitar.

23. KIRK!

KIRK!

That, and I DO have a pretty pussy.

24. PRB

PRB
    from Az

Beatnick P,
    The bottom left car in your pics is mine. There were some nice rides there of all types. I didn't see any new cars but I didn't go on Sunday.

25. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Every year I travel over 200 miles to go to the nearest good guys event. I look forward to it every year. I like looking at cars and good workmanship.

26. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

My original GoodGuy membership number was 485 (I think) and I have been attending GoodGuy events since the very beginning. I like GoodGuy shows.... sometimes. I don't like GoodGuys shows....sometimes. I don't like late model cars. I walk right by late model cars. No problem.

I personally like Gary Meadors. Gary is a REAL car guy. He's made a lot of dough the hard way. He worked hard for it. Took a lot of chances and they paid off. He is to be congratulated. NSRA dropped the ball and he picked it up and RAN.

I personally don't like Marc Meadors. He comes across as an entitled arrogant ass.

Kirk; you seem more like Marc than Gary. Shut up.

27. KIRK!

KIRK!

Awesome!

Gary IS the real deal. Hot rodder, smart businessman.

I gain more respect for him everyday.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  28. Master of None

Master of None

I still Love your sideburns Kirk...

29. hemi

hemi

Get back to work, we need more spark prugs....

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

AWW come on Kirk, You don't know me well, but better than that! 'Sides, way back in post #36 I conceeded that I was the only one effected by this! Like I said, I understand the business end of this deal, and it isn't going to keep me away. Just don't dig the late stuff, that's all. Otherwise I had a great time, and I would hardly consider myself a whiner... Just missed the announcement with the late stuff. If it's any consolation, you probably do have a pretty pussy as suggested before! Dreamy side burns too...