Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Guys Nost Drags . Seattle Rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nomobux, May 25, 2006.

1. if memory serves, he's CC'g a TF

2. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

I’m helping Jack and Brett Harris this weekend.. Nostalgia Top Fuel..

3. hey LP ... ask the guys if the guy from Selah, Wa still crews. met him at the motel, 02 CHHR. Shit, we only live 'bout 30 miles apart . small world

4. 10:00 Just talked to my pal Henry Charest (Brad Thompson's crew chief) on the phone. Still ugly, and just starting to rain again. NOBODY'S made a pass yet...

5. k-member

k-member

Dang bad weather, hopfully it will clear, might try and go on sunday.

6. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

It stopped raining and the rumor is the jet dryer is on it's way down from Mission... We may get to make a pass today after all. Someone tell me why a track that was built in the middle of a 'rain forrest' doesn't have a jet dryer!

7. k-member

k-member

Same reason you race into the sun in the evening...SNAFU

8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

jeez what a bunch of cry babies :rolleyes:

jk of course, gotta be frustrating for anybody that wants to run this weekend

I don't have a car to run but like a lot of guys I had planned long ago on being there
    now it's here I'm going anyway, rain or not

just looked outside, there's actually a small hole in the clouds
    I can see blue!

doh, and now it's gone hahaha

9. Paul

Paul
    Editor

dry at my place, sun trying to come out
    so I head out hoping for the clouds to break..

yeah they broke all right
    and spilled more wet stuff on everything

very few cars out, most still in their trailers or already left

saw a few HAMBers
    took a few pictures and left just as the rain really started to come down hard...

funny though, my place was still dry and spots of sun,
    not more than fifteen minutes away..

Attached Files:

10. Loudpedal(Chris) If things don't work out you should drive over to Puyallup and check out our new shop. Let me know if you need my number. I may drive up tomorrow if the weather breaks. Dale

11. Is it still as bad as it looks on the doplar. Tryin to decide whether to run over .. anyone left there ?

12. FWilliams

FWilliams

I am about an hour north and it looksd like crap...I am going to drive down anyway I have to deliver some heads.

Fred

13. Talked to a friend running a C Gas 57 Chev. It's over. Officials have no clue as far as refunds or re-schdule. Feel bad for the guys with long tows

14. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

It's over... the sign at the gate said "rained out" when we got here this morning. Too bad. :(

15. Have a safe trip home LP ... Bet Meadors will have one hell of a sale on T-Shirts lol

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

OK, I didn't read the whole thread but I'll answer what I can. The date was moved because of other scheduling reasons. You people kill me with your conspiracy theories. Why the hell would any company put a show on a weekend to purposely lose money. That's a completely retarded thought.

Here's an interesting FACT - Goodguys only makes money on the March Meet, every other VRA event, at best, breaks even. We have all had to make cuts at work because March Meet's rain out hit so hard.

As for VRA ending or separating...there is no news to tell. Have there been talks about money and how to not be so reliant on March Meet for the VRA's success - yes. I have witnessed a lot of frustration on the part of Goodguys and their customers when it comes to vintage drag racing. I think that there are a lot of people who don't understand what it takes to run an event, and what kind of risks are at stake, and they probably never will. People are going to think what they want to think. Me explaining things probably won't help. But if you can, step back and really think about what it takes, then judge.

More importantly know that there is no evil agenda at Goodguys, I would be gone if there was. There ARE a bunch of regular people trying to put on events for others to enjoy.

I'm done.

17. beegator

beegator

18. FEDER

FEDER

I went to the drivers meeting they called at 8 am. They said they would contact us about a refund. I would like to trade My tickets for Puyallap Goodguys show and the Friday night drags. Kirk maybe You could mention that. I would like to thank the guys that were workin the track. They REALLY tried to make it go - like 4 times they got out there sweepin- scrapin - torchin You name it. Everytime the rain would lighten up they were on it, They did everything possible, all for not!! BIG THANKS GUY'S.
    I did hear Goodguys has a contract with pacific for 3 years, this being the first. They will consider Im sure moving the date later in the year just what I heard. I hope so. Im so pissed the weather Fucked us but oh well thats racin in PNW. Maybe next year.
    NOMOBUX Yes I do remember sittin in the stands with Ya- great time!
    Was hopin to see good weather today and have another beer with Ya.
    Heres some pic's for yaaLLLLL-----FEDER

Attached Files:

19. FEDER

FEDER

A few more

Attached Files:

20. old beet

old beet

Glad I stayed home!!..............OLDBEET

21. CGkidd

CGkidd

If the powers that be would have checked with Seattle locals they would have found it almost always rains on Memorial day weekend as far as I can remember growing up. Oh well hopefully it is better next year.

22. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

We're happy you did.
    [ quote] I think yer full of shit!........OLDBEET [quote