Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Guys Nost Drags . Seattle Rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nomobux, May 25, 2006.

1. My thots .. went last year and it was a blast. Good air, great cars and I thot, a great turn out for a 1st attempt. Records set in alot of classes. Sooooo .. What do we do ? We move the date from early fall to Mem wk-end. I live in the eastern desert in Wa. It's been rainin for a week. The forecast sucks. Any moron could look at the history for weather here and could not pick a worst date unless it was January 12, so that we could bring snow shovels. Good call Good Guys. I've seen on the boards .. a rumor exists that GG are poss dumping nost drags. This is a hell of a good way to show it. Lets not make these guys, who are spending mega bux for the love of the sport to tow hundreds of miles for nadda. I for one will not waste a day and burn the fuel to watch the rain ! I really hope it does come off, but I doubt it. Guess I'll watch TV. Your thoughts. Maybe I'm out of line, but I'm kinda pissed. By the way .. nombux is a fossil, 1st winter nats .. 1963 .. love the old cars !!

2. That does suck.

Can't race in the rain.

So tell me more about them dropping Nostalgia racing... or is the VRA just going to go out on its own?

I know rumers fly as fast about the GG as they do about Michael Jackson... I can remember some guy started a rumor that the GG was going to buy the Turlock Swap Meet from the Modesto A's... just because they saw Gary Meadors walking around the swap meet! Ha! Did it ever dawn on them that, uh... gee, maybe Gary likes old cars and hanging out at swap meets! I hope maybe KIRK! can chime in and get the story from the horses mouth.

Anyway, it sucks that it is scheduled for rain-time...

Sam.

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I understand where your coming from. I usually go to Oregon for Memorial weekend to play at the dunes. Rains every time.:(
    This year I was going to go to the Nostalgia Drags too but..................looks like it's going to rain. Figures, my luck.
    Oh well, the garage is warm, fridge is stocked with beer and I've got plenty of work to do on my project.

Josh

4. -
    Go to nitromater among others and click on nost drags .. seems to be a somewhat legit rumor .. lol .. hope it's not true. I only hope the dream doesn't die

5. It's raining now, and supposed to continue all weekend....

6. Oscar73

Oscar73
    from Seattle

Didn't rain all day here in Fremont until about 5:30, and then just a 20 minute-half hour sprinkle. Dried up in less than an hour.

But the races at Sacramento rained out last week. Go figure, huh?

Weather's a funny thing out here. Raining in one spot, not raining a couple miles away.

7. Dont count the Goodguys Vintage Drag Racing Association going down.
    Theres too many Nostalgia Funny Cars being built & the Reunions are getting stronger by the month(s)!
    Nostalgia Top Fuel is what it is.If enough guys get together they could form their own deal.The Goodguys provides that "deal" at this time,so the song remains the same.
    Its all good.

8. Goodguys and Meadors is based on one thing only, and that IS making MONEY. Having the event THIS weekend tells me one thing. As a presumably smart businessman, he doesn't give a shit about the racers or anybody else. Lets play the game .. lol

9. F/R . I trully hope that's true. NHRA has become a yawn for me. samo , samo. I've been a member forever, but it's become corp. Good .. maybe
    but bad in my old eyes. That's why I'm hyped on the nost. NHRA almost = Nascar to me .... BORING

10. FEDER

FEDER

Oh stop Yer fuckin whining! I was there ALL DAY and NO RAIN until around 4:00. If they would have let Us We could have got some good hits today.
    I have been racin here for over 20 yrs and one thing Ive learned is you dont know till Ya get there. We got rained out last Friday, Yea I was dissapointed but I went. I have left Home and its been pouring down rain and got to the track and raced all day. SUPPORT is what Drag Racing needs.
    Im just glad to see GoodGuys have a REAL NOSTALGIA race here. Not the usual of just 4 feature cars and thats it. Talked to Saun Renteria today
    THIS GUY'S A RACER He brought up 2 cars from cali. He said if it rains it rains.
    We probably will see some rain but Im sure it wont ruin the whole weekend.
    Shit I just walked around drinkin a beer like everybody else and saw AWSOME HOTRODS and talked to some harcore dragracers I still had a blast!!!
    Got the car teched in by 11:00 so My day was free. Even if the cars dont run I will enjoy the entire weekend just cruzin the pits havin a beer and bullshittin about DRAGRACIN. Oh - SAM I saw a guy wearing a Bomb Factory shirt and asked Him If He was You. He said Shit No Im old enough to be His Dad. Guess He lives real close to Ya. Too bad You couldnt Make it . I will post some pics tomorrow RAIN OR SHINE. Hope to see lots of Hambers. Remember If We all still go and show our support even if it rains they will come again.---------------FEDER

11. kanuck442

kanuck442
    from vanisle

came down last fall with about 14 locals from here on Van Isle and had a great time. This years schedule came up on the weekend of our local swapmeet so had to make a choice of here or there. With the weather outlook probably won't take the chance.
    I have to agree with you on watching a lot of the same ol, same ol at your typical NHRA races. Watching cars with throttle stops launch has to be a big yawn. Watching the Good Guys nost. last year was like being in a time warp, absolutely fantastic.
    Now if I could only get my butt in gear and finish the Fiat Altered that is sitting in pieces in my garage it might be even more fun. (124" funny car chassis with fibreglass topollino body, 468 tall deck, single 4, gas with glide. Has run 7.8 when it was blown.)

12. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

I'll go all three days, But I have to agree there has to be a better date for this event. Maybe it don't jive with the rest of the schedule.
    FED

13. didnt the goodguys show in puyallup and the drags use to happen on the same weekend? i figured they moved the show to a later date in the summer because of the rain problem. would have thought they would have done the same with the drags. or maybe im all wet?

14. "Oh - SAM I saw a guy wearing a Bomb Factory shirt and asked Him If He was You. He said Shit No Im old enough to be His Dad." Hahahaha!!

That's George Madden! He's one hell of a nice guy! He owns and drives one BAD ASS Nova... orange with purple flames... runs 8.20's (not the orange with blue flames one or the orange with silver flames one)
    George has more tri-fives than you could ever imagine, 40 Fords, Novas, Vegas... Chevelles... he's an old drag racer that's been doing it for a long time. Worked as a diesel mechanic for years... it's neat to have him as a neighbor!

Sam.

Warm up to him and he'll talk your ear off!

15. Oscar73

Oscar73
    from Seattle

Nah, you're close though... Goodguys has a Friday Night deal at Pacific Raceways (SIR) during the Puyallup weekend. But it's a one night deal, book in a couple feature cars (gassers, fuelers) and come 11 PM, that's it for the weekend.

The wackiest one I went to took place the night that OJ went on his "slow-speed" chase... rain delay (in July? Go figure, huh?), and the girlfriend went to sit in the truck. I come back, and there's this whole deal taking place live...they even started announcing it over the PA...

16. k-member

k-member

So how did it go today? Rain or shine? The weather report is looking grim for the weekend. Any one take pics?

17. Oscar73

Oscar73
    from Seattle

I just got in from Kent an hour or so ago. No racing action. The trickster weather gods would let the track personnel get the track -just- dry enough to entertain thoughts of racing, and then they would send a light sprinkle for a few minutes, ruining all the track prep. Around 2:30, the word came around to the top fuel guys that they should get ready, they'd run in 45 minutes. Fire ups ensued all over, but the rain bitch hit the sprinkler about 3 PM. Always just enough sprinkle to make it non-raceable, frustrating as heck.

Two short (well, like 7 megs) Quicktime clips up on my site, both of the RB Entertainment fueler shoed by Adam Sorokin, and tuned by South San Francisco mad scientist Bobby McClennan...just note how MUCH fuel is running through this bitch. Can you say "fat"? Oh, and pardon the sucky camera work...this is the movie deal on my still camera, and I don't quite have that part down.

www.mysterion.net/PICT0072.MOV
    www.mysterion.net/PICT0073.MOV

18. How is the car count ? Did a lot of hitters show up ? Forecast doesn't bode well for saturday. Sunday looks a lil better and of course warm and sunny Monday. Day late and a dollar short. I'm gonna keep watchin and maybe take a stab sunday. If they cancel .. appreciate a post. SIR ( Pacific ) doesn't like to answer their phones.

19. I was hoping for it to clear up a little today but man the forecast is for crap weather...I took the whole 4 day weekend off for my Birthday and the Drags!!

20. Think the nitro boats are runnin at Firebird in Az. Prob a 100 deg, catch a plane. lol It's not too late. HAPPY B-DAY

21. FEDER

FEDER

Yea Yesterday SUCKED! They about had the track ready twice but the sky puked again and again. I had put the rubber balls in My injector stacks and a cover over the car when We left thursday. Came back Friday morn and took the cover off at about 10.00, it wasnt raining. Wiped it down the floors had a half an inch of water on em and ofcoarse My jacket and helmet were were soaked! Took the jacket and set it on the hood of the Merc started it and louver dried it !! Worked great. Got water down the injectors , didnt push the balls down tight so had to pull the plugs and pumpd out about a half cup of water then fired it up. Went through the cover up and wipe down once more then covered it up for good. The count is down from last year there was 5 AA supers under 10 fulers - not many A and B gassers and maybe a dozen C and D gassers. Alot of NE and JR fuelers. Today doesnt loo good either but all We can do is Hope. Drank some beers and still had a good time BGing with the big Boys. More later --FEDER

22. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

OK, I want to hear more about the GG bailing on the Nost Drags. Anyone know why they canceled Sonoma?

23. Sorry about the wawa in the injectors. Yer 'sposed ta cut the tops off your empties and put them on the stacks. lol. Keep us informed. I'd like to maybe run over sunday, but hate to blow $60 in gas and waste the day. Maybe I should go out in the shop, thro in a Jackson Bros CD and drink beer. Shit .. this sucks. Good luck FEDER. Ya prob don't 'member, but I met ya and had a beer with you two 'bout 3 yrs ago at SIR.

24. Go to the Nitromater site for the latest rumor shit etc. Click on the Nost threads

25. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Still raining.. doesn't look good...

26. You there or Salt Lake .. I'm tuned to the doplar and it's shit

27. I'm a 100 east of the track in the desert. It's pourin. Wouldn't mind it if it came this way and cleared it for you guys, otherwise keep this shit on your side. I just walked out to the shop to turn on the HEAT and it's phucking snowing on top all around me !! White hills. This is bullshit !

28. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Yep were here sitting under the awning watching it rain… I don’t’ think we’ll even get the car out today…

29. Hey Loudpedal... what are you guys racing?

Sam.

30. Sorry that it looks liked a wasted tow. Met ya at the hotrodorama 2 or 3 ago. had the 29 plym sedan with the 6x2 rocket eng. still had the b-ville salt on it if you remember ..prob not. If things change ( doubt it ) I''ll blow over with the wife in the daily trk