Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Guys Car Entry Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I am not a member to the Good Guys and their big show is coming to my home town this weekend, Columbus Ohio. I go every year but this year I was thinking of taking one of my cars and I cant find what it cost to enter a car if your not a member? All prices found are member prices, anybody out there help me out?

2. Haven't done GG in years, but I believe it used to be about $10 extra.

3. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

get a friend or someone whos a member to register you and save the money

4. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Maybe they make you join Goodguys to register?

5. oldolds

oldolds

They make you join. Just like NSRA. Then the tell you that you get a discount on the other shows. All the discount is the fact that you don't have to rejoin for each show.
    They do send you a nice mag once a month.

6. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

You have to join G.G. to enter your car, it is a good deal for you along with the monthly magazine. How would you like to pay $85.
    yearly like I do because I live out of the USA, in Canada. :mad:

7. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I am going to find out for sure this Thursday as I will register my car and will try not to join. I will post what happends. I did find another thread about this same question and a few said you dont have to join just pay 10.00 more. As much as it rains around here, I would rather register as soon as I know what the weather as I have an old topless roadster and live 30 mins. from the show.

8. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I had to join to enter too. Now I don't go their events .

9. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

10. FIFTY2

FIFTY2

I just went throught the same thing at the Fort Worth show, you have to join to register, its like $75 total, includes membership, hat, magazine subcription, and some other stuff..

11. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

WTF will your car shrink in the rain, if I lived 30 minutes from the show I would think I died and went to Heaven. Try driving for 10 hours to get there, which I will be doing???? :eek::eek:

12. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I wish I would shrink but my no hood twin carbed flathead with open scoops dont like the rain too much. I am getting louvers punched in a hood right now and maybe it will be on the car before then? I am not into car covers and plastic bags.

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

One reason it's nice to have roll-up windows, windshield wipers and a closed hood...:D never have to worry about rain...:rolleyes:

R-

[​IMG]

14. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

We have registration forms at the shop, I'm pretty sure its $35 membership fee & $45 entry fee.ill check when we get back to the shop on Tuesday

15. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

16. 61falcon

61falcon

dont forget to get your free mug when you get there and your vehicle entry also gets a guest in free, thats an $18.00 value.

17. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

You have to join to participate.. About $75 total to join and register for Columbus event.. If you go to any other event you only have to pay entry fee.. Their monthly Mag is very good.. IMO it's a good deal for all you get.....

18. Dave McCauley -

When you decide to attend the H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals drags a week before it starts, are you going to post a question on the Goodguys forum ? :rolleyes: :D

All joking aside, it's too late for you to get the $10 discount for pre-registering (via snail mail or online) for the GG Nationals.

You'll have to pay either $75 or $90 for entry to the event, a years membership, a years subscription to their magazine (Goodguys Gazette), etc. ... the $90 dealio includes both a printed (mailed) & digital (online) version of the Gazette ... and the $75 includes only the digital (online) version of the magazine.

Here's a printable Goodguys Nationals registration form that I found on the their website: View attachment GGN_RegForm.pdf