Register now to get rid of these ads!

good deal for eng. and trans. ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bfink55, Feb 3, 2009.

1. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

ive been trying to buy a muncie 4 speed from a buddy of mine for 2 years and today he calls and he needs some money quick to buy an econoline van tomarrow . i had offered him 300 for it a few months ago but i guess he needs 500 to get this van , so he offers me the muncie with bellhousing and hurst comp plus shifter still attached . plus a 30 over 350 chevy , 4 bolt mains , steel crank , forged pistons , geardrive , and roller rockers for 500. the engine has about 20k miles on it and has been sitting covered in his garage for about 5 years , i rode in the 68 chevy truck it came out of and it was pretty quick . im gonna let him know for sure tonight but it sounds like a good deal to me , what do you guys think?
    FINK

2. chevyshack

chevyshack

Tanny is worth about 250. Does the engine run? Sitting for 5 years it could be froze up. Either way the roller rockers are worth atleast 150. Short block is another 150. Id say go get'er!

3. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

Shit i will send ya 500 for it.

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

SMILE while you give him the $500 and run away with your goodies .
    Worth a lot more than that !
    You got to love people with parts you want and won't sell that need money real bad ! :cool:

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

did you really need to ask? were you seeking validation? or are you hoping to make us jealous?

6. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

What he said :rolleyes:

7. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

i was pretty much going to buy it anyway , the guys a friend and has done hundreds of dollars worth of tattoos on me for next to nothing , plus it beats loaning someone 5 bills and taking the chance of never getting payed back. i was just wondering if it was worth what he was asking........why did you get jealous?