Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gold chainers CC? Not a drama thread!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

If you have no sense of humour ,or take yourself too seriously please do not read any further. Me and a couple of other HAMB members have decided that we would like to start a "gold chainers car club" for people who are proud to have nicely finished rides and would like to show it. This is all done very tongue in cheek, yet makes a statement that there is nothing wrong with liking a cool ride finished to high standards, something that seems to be a bit of a no-no these days. The club will be open to anyone anywhere in the world, and would involve no rules other than displaying a "gold chainers CC" drag plaque somewhere on their vehicle, and displaying your membership to the club on all posts on the hamb and in their profiles (or anywhere else if you feel like it) This is only open to people with a sense of humour who don't take themselves too seriously and appreciate irony. I understand that many of you out there will think this is a dumb ass idea, and if so please keep it to yourself and move onto another thread. If you are interested, please post your interest on this thread or PM me. Like I said, it's just an idea at the moment but I think it might be fun whilst making a statement. I don't mind soaking up the cost of a few plaques from O Brien's for those of you that get the joke. Please pretty please with sugar on top don't let's turn this into a drama thread.
    Okay, bring it on
    Paul

2. HRod 50

HRod 50

Oh Boy, get ready for the firing squad. I started a Non builders club, and got rheemed for it. I'm not a builder, wish I was, but I'm not, no ability, no talent, no education, and no room to build a car. So I'm about as far from your typical HAMBer as you can be, but the one thing I am is just as much a car lover as all the guys in here.. Good Luck, I can't wait to read the posts...

3. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

4. shainerman

shainerman

I love it. I cant stand people who take pride in cars that look like no one takes pride in them. I drive my shit unfinished with an intention of ultimately having a nice, clean, and detailed vehicle. It may not happen this week, this month, this year even, but will happen. I think your club is a great idea and a smack in the face to low lifes and lazy slack jaw builders.

5. Scott K

Scott K

Haha...but the drama queens will force this post to close soon.

6. John Denich

John Denich

Sure I am in!!!! I am proud of my Finished Cars!

7. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

unfortunately my cars won't qualify...

8. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

9. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

I can't afford to have a high end car - hell I can't even afford a gold chain, so I quess I'll have to pass - good idea though !!!

10. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

we can't afford i high end car but we purchased a solid budget build. it's okay to take pride in you;re ride even if it takes ya forever to get it something worthy :)

11. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER

As a humor inspired gig, I get it. I also have a fondness for "finished" cars and don't understand the disdain for perfection that's plagued us for the last couple years. Sadly I'm at the end of the list for finished cars as my customers almost always come 1st, but hey, I'm working and I'm busy so I ain't complaining...well not much anyways. Krip, you have a good sense of humor, a bit twisted at times (APPLAUSE), and it's always a good fit. Dues? Gotta have a finished car? If not I'm in, if so, not yet. Kool idea bro...

12. badshifter

badshifter

I get it, and sorta like it, but isn't a gold chainer the guy who knows nothing about his car other than he wrote a check for it? He can tell you where to buy the ez-up that fits in the trunk and who has the best folding chairs but is not real sure where the thingie that opens the hood is. Oh well, best of luck!

13. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

I agree with you about cars being too nice for some who can't or wont afford it. What ever happened to -ta each his own? I cant figure out why anyone wouldn't want their car as good as can be. Mine is considered a "gold chainers car" so im in. Let me know whats next Paul.

14. Deuces

Deuces
    from Michigan

I'l be watching this one... :D

15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Zoar, Ohio

A well made car owner does not make a GCner.

But for the life of me why would someone tag themself as one who doesn't make anything and buys all his parts at a 1-800??? To me that is just not something I would brag about.
    Now nice cars. I love to brag about my nice cars. :)

16. i see what you did there.......

17. roundvalley

roundvalley

Sorry I can't join. I can't afford the drag plaque because I sent my money in to Hot August Nights!
    But if you can send me a free one, Have at it!

18. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Great 'tongue in cheek' idea!

Mine's got a roll cage though, so I don't think I'll qualify!

19. Ebert

Ebert

Yikes!

Attached Files:

20. Larry T

Larry T

I'd join, except I don't have a finished car right now-------and it doesn't look like there's a black and white definition of Gold Chainer. Which is kinda weird as much as the term is thrown around. If it includes not knowing anything about cars, do we have to take a written test? (G)
    Larry T

21. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Think its a good idea dont really consider myself a goldchainer although have put mega$$ in my car and any damage to it should be bought by my actions not someone elses
    lol and that fact that i do happen to have a nice thick gold chain around my neck
    To the hecklers of your idea i think its better to have the gold around our necks
    Then the rope around theres
    ...can part of our motto be
    Tie em to the car and drag em ( american Graffitti )
    count me in

22. I have an open mind and like this thread and idea. I was fortunate to be able to buy a nice finishe car. I've done 90% of the mods and upkeep myself. Get tired of some of flack for the diminishing 80's flavor of my car.
    Have a HAMB friendly self build in the wings.

23. Me neither but I'm gonna try anyway. Couldn't afford it when I was younger. :cool:

24. fat49chevy

fat49chevy
    from Onta Ca

On the plaque you should have a older gentleman with a beard sitting on a folding chair next to a tubbed street rod of your choice.I wont charge you for the idea.

25. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Hey maybe some of us could be Gold Chain CC prospects. A gold chainer' in training perhaps. :]

I'm not going to wash anyone elses car though...

26. I'd be in if I had a finished ride as I am all for being proud of a nicely finished car.

My two cents - make the plaques out of fiberglass!!

Steve

27. Count me in as a "Gold Chainer Member" I'm proud of the fact that my coupe looks great, runs great and is very safe, How do I know this, I built almost every bit of this car in my 2 car garage with my own 2 hands, that's how and I'm damn proud of it.

Yeah, I get it.;)

28. Hey, what about the "fauxtina" guys? It costs a lot of money to look that cheap!!

29. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Yeah!
    I like bright shiney paint.
    Easier to care for!
    Room for all in the rod world, even those who rant about it.
    Some have deep pockets and support a segment of the industry developed by history of some bloke building a part and someone else wanting it.
    I am reminded of a young rracer who developed a better valve cover gasket. His competition at the track liked it and wanted some. He made them and started selling in plastic bags.
    That is how Mr. Gasket started.
    Some just do not have a large income, usually those starting out and raising a family, and have to scrounge for the parts to get theri ride on the road.
    Some, who have their families raised and have more discretionary income should not be criticised for it.
    Yes, call me a GC.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  30. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I wish I had bought a running car when I got into this hobby. I would be even more motivated to finish projects if I could have fun with a car at events. Example I was interested in going to Vintage Torque but with out a car and looking at the schedule and things I was allowed to go to it was not worth the drive there. Instead I'm going to Jefferson swap meet and stomp around in the mud looking at parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.