Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gold Chain Me!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 23, 2003.

1. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

It works for me!!! Polish the light bezels and I'd strip the mirror. A set of "ram horn" exhaust manifolds go a long way in changing the 1-800 look. IMHO.

They are small but always a favorite of mine. Gotta love a phone booth!!

2. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Paint an "01" on the doors, install a big push-bar, a Dixie horn...

...and jump it over death rods at your next event!

[​IMG]

(Show 'em how safe and sturdy a STREET ROD can be!)

3. The new owner always makes a few - or a lot of - changes and then it's his car/truck.

I think I'd like a back bumper on it.
    For the protection capabilities mainly, but a horizontal style line wouldn't hurt the back view.

That said, great truck.
    Get it, enjoy it and don't worry about what others think.
    Doesn't look like you're too worried anyway.

I do have a question though.
    Aren't you about six foot tall?
    As I remember it, this style truck doesn't have a whole lot of legroom.

4. Cword

Cword

Needs a little chrome

Attached Files:

5. The finned aluminum version looks good. Overall I like the truck on the outside. Sorry, no rise outta me [​IMG]

6. Cword

Cword

Another angle
    This is a local (Calgary) truck.

Attached Files:

7. Jim, the 28-29 body style has always been my favorite truck. I just wish, as Jay mentioned, that there was room in them for my slightly larger than normal body. I envy you the opportunity and wish you luck on carrying through on the deal.
    Don.

8. It's actually a fresh truck finished a couple months ago with less than 500 miles. I know there are other trucks that look like it because I have seen them and loved them for years too. It's actually Orange (straight toner).
    Sorry if I upset the "Black Primer Army", I really stilll like it in some situations, but when somebody tries to make a lame car cool with "instant attitude" (black prime, mexi-blankets and red wheels) it's pretty sad. Like I said, I put a ton of work into my '32 in 1990 with black prime (actually flattened black laquer), mexican blanket and red '35 spokes. But that WAS the begining of the trend in 1989- the same time that pastel colors with big drippy wet graphics was "IN". I try to think forward and really like cars like Russ Eggleston's '29 Dodge in the KC GG post from Ryan. He went way retro without using the "standard formula." Bravo Russ!

9. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

That's a nice truck! Gotta agree with C9, that truck needs a rear bumper and a front one would balance it or at least nerf bars. I also think ramhorns would give it an older buidup flavor. Are those smooth running boards? I'd go with stockers there too.Too bad it's not a tudor sedan, the whole family could go with ya!

10. I have a '28 Tudor, this is one of those "Buy it cheap, have fun for 6 months driving it, sell for profit to finish '28 Tudor" deals. Meanwhile I will have a little fun since out of all my projects I've never owned a painted and upholstered- even driving for that matter, street rod. I bought some really nice fenders for my Tudor this weekend.

11. skipstitch

skipstitch

Jim, You had me scared I was gonna see a picture of a billet covered '46 Whatevermobile with tweed interior....whew!!!! That truck rocks! I'd have to go with a bit of chrome here and there, but other than that I'd drive the wheels off that HOT ROD....Stitch [​IMG]

12. klazurfer

klazurfer

Hey Jim !! Belive they came with painted Bezels when new , so keep it " As-IS " If it had been All black , with a bit narrower rear-axle , ( Or wheels ) & Slamed, it would look just like my all time favorite Phone booth : All black Extra low car built by a Kid that used to work for Boyd back in the 80`s ( feature car in Street Rodder !!! ) Have FUN !!!

13. Yeah, his name is Dustin Hill- that truck was awesome!

14. [ QUOTE ]
    no guys that have been rodding since they stopped skate boarding 3 years ago, no disturbingly loud cars with a whopping 120 horse power running on 6 sloppy cylinders,

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha! you so crazy....

nice little truck big mouth.........

15. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

DID I SAY FLAT BLACK? No. I'll refrain from further comments.

16. TINGLER

TINGLER

Hey JimA,

Damn nice truck. I only wish I could have it....

but you want to stir up some shit with the flat black crowd, so.....here goes.......

That comment about you doing black primer in 1989 really got me thinking. You must be really on top of things. Wow. You are like 10 to 12 years ahead of the game!
    Cool. I could use some hints man. What is the NEXT big fad for all the street rodders? Is it Kustom Kandy Flaked Koffins?
    Us young ungrateful punks wanna know.
    ha ha ha. [​IMG]

I still like the truck..ALOT!
    Congrats.
    JT.

17. jdubbya

jdubbya

That thing is really cool, I have always had a like for the streetrods that are not over-done. That truck is done right, the few changes you mentioned will make it look better. GoodLuck

18. The_Monster

The_Monster

[ QUOTE ]
    ....Is it Kustom Kandy Flaked Koffins?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats funny, I was just sketching up some plans of a custom fabbed up coffin cart that would be like seafoam green with heavy duty "70's speedboat" metallic flake, white pinstriping.

If theres two guys thinking of coffin cars, are there more???? [​IMG]

19. hmmmmmm, looks like ya got room in the back for an engine and trans.
    Ric

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I like that truck alot. Naturally I'd change a few things, as would anyone who buys a vehicle. I have to say WTF? to that cut up caddy air cleaner! That is so wrong...

Jim, is that the same Dustin Hill that lives in Indy now? I don't know him directly, but I do know his brother Jason.

21. whitewallslick

whitewallslick
    1. oHIo

You know what would be kool? I just read in a magazine where you can paint your truck to look like its got faded paint & rust .... [​IMG] WWS

22. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you think that is neat, how about the recepie for synthetic pigeon shit?

23. Did you read that last line on Josh's dad's super cool '32- I was quoted!

How would it look if the originator of POSEURPROOF "fauxtina'd" his truck?
    To quote a famous rapper "If it aint real it aint me". My '28 Tudor will be all mine- original paint, rust and all.

Actually there was a flake coffin car at Kansas City- it's in Ryan's post. Death Rod? Maybe.

24. bdrake

bdrake
    Member Emeritus

May as well throw my vote in too. I like these Model A trucks and Orange paint so it would fit me just fine. It does remind me of the truck Dustin built, I liked it too but this one looks like it may ride a little better.

Django, that would be the same Dustin.

25. The_Monster

The_Monster

Yea I saw that one, gold with a skeleton at the wheel right? My idea was a bit different, and if I ever do build it, I think the exhaust idea I have will blow 'em outta the water! Dont know if it'll even be a driver, but might be a fun project!

Who knows, its getting harder day by day to be original! [​IMG]

26. Looks good Jim... you know you don't need to apologize for owning something NICE... maybe for being a BOUGHT RODDER... [​IMG] But NOT for having something that looks like that...

So, what size rear tire and wheel does that thing have... I want to re-skin the A-bone... and make it look like that (tucked in a bit more)...
    Sam.

27. I have to say WTF? to that cut up caddy air cleaner! That is so wrong... [​IMG]

Don't worry, it looks like a repop, the real ones have a dimple in the top where the nut goes, and the front (where the filter can be seen on this one),is solid. If someone cut this thing up, they went through a lot of trouble.

28. I'm not really apologizing Sam, I actually thought it would shake up more folks and they would totally hate it. I love the thing to death but it's more of an investment to help finance the real car I am actually builing myself. I've always built my cars a hundred bucks at a time, this painted and upholstered - as well as actually driveable deal is totally foriegn to me.

29. they gave me a gold chain at billetproof for my awsome patina c-dan I feel like a rock star now are celebs invited to poserproof [​IMG]