Register now to get rid of these ads!

going to pacific northwest

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mitch 36, Jun 16, 2010.

1. jeffsullivan

jeffsullivan

i live near mt st helens so if you need help or anything in this stretch get ahold of me. i will be gone to billetproof this weekend, but other than that i would be around. plenty of tools, car trailer, cold beer......

if you go up the south side of st helens (cougar, woodland area) check out the "ape caves". underground caves that are cool as hell to go through. guided trips by park rangers.... BRING FLASHLIGHTS AND A JACKET, IT GETS REALLY F-ING DARK AND COLD IN THERE:eek:

on the nw side (exit 49 off I-5) there is a desent rv park on the way (seaquest state park) accross the hwy. from a st helens visitor center.

make sure and take binoculars and stop on the way up at the visitor centers, you will see tons of elk on the valley floor (the "mud-flow")

you will also be here in time for some salmon fishing in the ocean if you dig that. check out the charter boats in ilwaco and westport, whichever way you go. little early, but they should be out there.

anybody have any other ideas?

2. The day you have to pick your family up at SeaTac Airport try to leave enough time to swing by the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field. It is about 10 minutes north of SeaTac. Some really good exhibits including an SR71 and a Concorde. Well worth the time. We are just off I-90 20 minutes east of Seattle if you need anything.