Register now to get rid of these ads!

God looks out for fools, drunks and children. Again!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Was unloading one of those tall gas bottles from a high truck bed with no help but my wife and sister.

Asked the wife to watch the top didn't slide sideways as I grabbed the base to lower it to the ground. Was pulling it straight back when my heels caught the edge of the garage floor and down I went. The bottle came down with a thud on my crotch and pinned me to the concrete floor. Fortunately the forward edge of the base hit the floor first and the rest of the base just held me down. I could barely get my hand in between myself and the bottle to make sure I still had all my inventory.

Once I realized I had escaped a horrible fate, I couldn't help but sit there and laugh because the bottle was still leaning up against the truck from my spread legs and made me look like the most gifted guy in the world.

I crawled out from under it and said, there's never a camera when you need one. Then my wife remembered her phone camera. But it just wouldn't have looked as good staged.

By the way, I don't drink and have been out of diapers for awhile. But I had to change mine soon after. So this fool will watch how he steps backward with a bottle after this...............

2. toolman1967

toolman1967

Funny! its always interesting how an accident brings perspective and makes you laugh like a schoolgirl.

3. that was SSSSSHHHHHWWWING moment

4. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Hey Jerry,
    Hope "Big Jim and the Twins" are okay?

5. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Once I knew the whole family was still with me, it was scary funny!

The "African Queen" torpedo standing up from my crotch just topped it off....................

Cool new avatar Mr. R....................

6. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Jerry,
    That was brazing of you to try that? Definately,not a gas right then,huh?
    Probably knocked the oxygen right outta you?
    Okay,that's all.
    Glad you weren't hurt badly.That had the potential for disaster.
    You kids and your hot rods and loud rock music and ...

7. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Who put a quarter in you tonight?.......lol

That's what I put it up for, laughs. Something tells me there would have been laughing if it had been closer too. And I was talking like Mickey Mouse...............

8. I'll bet the wife was just as worried about the Inventory as you!:D

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I unloaded 2 of those damn things today myself. I understand how that could happen for sure.

10. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Who put a quarter in you tonight?.......lol

"I've got magic and poetry in my fingertips!"
    Ha ha ha

11. you would have to change you name to "sir smoosh"

12. My great fear is not death, but rather that St. Peter's welcoming words to me will be, "Dang, I don't think we ever got one in that way before," and that I will be pointed out for all eternity as "He's the one who tried to..."

13. or st peter could just be laughing when you come knocking.....i guess as long as he wave you in its ok....

14. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Oh man after hearing that it ended well for you i had to laugh.... Too funny, glad it worked out......

15. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

16. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Jerry you’re a wild and crazy guy...

17. now that funny

18. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing that with us glad all is OK . Those bottles are awkward to handle . I worry about one falling over and taking off like a rocket .

19. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Jerry stop playing around and get to work.

20. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The guy at the welding supply place where I buy my gas saw me pick up my 25/75 bottle by the protective screw on valve cap and lift it over into my pickup. He said, "Never pick one of those up that way unless you've checked to see if the cap is screwed completely on! My boss picked up one that way one day, the cap was barely screwed on and when it came off, it knocked out two of his front teeth. We spent several hours at a dentist getting him fixed up."

Yikes! I never thought about it but I can see how it could easily happen.

Glad you were not hurt. :)

21. burnout2614

burnout2614

Duuuuuuuuude!! you are blessed! peace

22. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Yeah, it was a close call, but you couldn't help but laugh just like you would at some of the stunts the three Stooges pull on each other.

Great comebacks and comments too! Made for more laughs. Thank you!

And I'm not going to recreate the stunt to show what happened. God saved my bacon once, I was told not to tempt him. And I'm told he has a sense of humor, so......................

23. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

He has to have a sense of humor? He made so many funny people? Nyuck,nyuck,nyuck!
    Next time promise me you'll get help and slide that tank s-l-o-w-l-y off of that truck!

24. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I have heard of guys hitting the bottle but this is the first time I have heard of the bottle hitting the guy! Glad for the near miss!

25. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Jerry you’re a wild and crazy guy...

Slim, I've been called a wild and crazy guy even before you, scary part is that it's soooooo unintentional.

By the way, Cool blog!

Kan: Seems like I can't win. You are right. I gave up hitting the bottle, so the bottle hit me...............funny.......