Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go here for Technical Videos! Metal, Paint Etc!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JonnyRockets, Jul 21, 2005.

1. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Hello All!

I wanted to test out this site before I posted a link on the HAMB. So JD and I rented the Covell Video : Basic Techniques for Working with Steel, which was reccomended on this site. I was looking around and couldn't afford the 40 plus U.S. dollars plus shipping, but I could afford like 10 bucks U.S. to watch it and get some deeper understanding of metal work.

I live in Canada - and this service worked out GREAT! so I could only imagine how well it would work if you lived in the U S of A.

I notice the video I rented isn't on there right now - they probably take it off once it's rented out. there were way more metal working videos 2 weeks ago. Try them out - I was very happy. Lots of videos on painting cars as well! Pinstriping, Tubing, Metal Work - as well as tons of other technical areas like casting, building houses, glass work - whatever. Pretty cool service!

Technical Video Rental

2. Ron is a very classy guy.
    I get his videos every year for my birthday and Christmas.

Shipping isn't that bad,if you use the USPS,get one of your friends
    to ship it and specify "gift" on the Customs declaration.

They are worth watching more than once,there is always something
    that you didn't catch the first time.

3. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Bttt for the Hambers. Again - great link - if you want to learn how to spray your vehicle or weld or whatever. Thought some of you guys would find this useful.

Jon

4. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

WOW! There first DVD featured was on Vacuum Infusion Process, I've been looking for technical info on this topic for months now...thanks for sharing this site!

5. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Wow! Thanks for sharing.....my Christmas list just got a lot bigger.....

6. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

I rented the Oxy-acetylene Welding vid and the Metal Prep & Rust Repair vids. I can't wait, I didn't have one of those dads who knows how to do that shit...

7. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

The problem with telling the HAMB - all the vids I want to rent will be rented out :)

The good thing about telling the HAMB - the place will say in business :)

8. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Sweet! Keep renting!

9. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

Oh, I will. I already have another six vids that are on the 'Rent this immediately upon returning the first two' list. I'm a slow learner, though, so I'll prolly have to rent some more than once. Wouldn't want to illegally copy anything...

10. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

WOW!!!

Thank you for the link!

Wouldn't you rather rent a How-To video than, say, a Romantic Comedy?

11. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

bttt again for the HAMBers - Again - seems to me to be a really cool resource.

bookmark it and keep chacking back for different vids/ vids they got returned etc.

12. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

I got my videos Monday and am very pleased. This is stuff I have trouble finding ANY info on...

13. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Great to hear! Yeah - it was surprisingly quick considering I'm in Canada.

Jon

14. That depends on what my motive are. Watching that welding video with my lady did nothing to get me laid... "When Harry Met Sally" did much better.