Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

great picture,i'm thinking thats what boo may have in her, some kind of golden retriever mixed with boxer. have you found toys he can't destroy yet? I have some kong toys around here and she hasn't been able to tear them up yet. the only toys she can't tear up. she tries though, steals the tennis balls from the lab and rips them in half so he can't play with them.

2. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

He's actually decent with plush toys. He'll tear them up after a while, but he kind of looks after them like his "pets" lol. Some last for many months, but he has had a couple that don't make it a day!

He's never really been destructive, especially with anything that isn't "his", which is I guess not normal for dogs with boxer in them!

3. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I can't let her have anything with a squeaker in it, longest lasting one was ten seconds. squeaker must be ripped out, hole chewed in it,then the toy is dead. she goes into toy destruction mode, toys must be destroyed at all costs. she will get a chew toy, go crazy ripping it to pieces then it's boring after that. has a heck of a set of choppers in there. best thing i ever got her was one of those full size cattle leg bones, lasted for months

4. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

here's boo, my wifes cousin had a boxer with with a golden and she looked just like her. strong as a horse. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    she loves to go for rides in the car, if she gets loose and hauls ass, once she hears the car all you have to do is open the door and she jumps right in.

5. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

don't forget if you have a car with an airbag, don't let em ride in the front seat. they can be killed just like a little kid by the airbag.

6. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

What a killer thread,great dogs & great photos.

Our new Co Pilot Kona (The Barbarian) 3 1/2 months old , she shot in the house when I fired up the roadster , (I didn't see her,she was in the yard!) , on open headers , poor little thing , I think she'll prefer Carols Fordoor.;)

Dreddy I hope to catch up with you & your little Buddy at the LSRU :)

Attached Files:

7. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

I have three Jack Russell terrorist. They all love to ride. Here's a rare shot of Lucy standing still. The best dog I ever had was Annabelle. She had to put her to sleep 2 years ago after a 6 month 2K fight with cancer. I cried like a baby. It was like loosing a family member.

Attached Files:

• lucy.jpg
      lucy.jpg
      File size:
      63.1 KB
      Views:
  8. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's one of our aussie's "junie" she is a wonderful girl her gray friend is our oldest cat "dusty". She rides in our everyday vehicle all the time the coupe is too loud for her she runs to the house.[​IMG]

9. weldtoride

weldtoride

My copilot doubles as my vehicle security system. Readers of Hometown Hot Rod magazine may recognize truck bed from issue #8 article "floor IT"

anti-theft system 2.jpg

10. no55mad

no55mad

My daughter had a JR terrier. He would see a lizard on a stucco wall, he would run at the wall at an angle, then run up the wall after his prey. Never stopped hunting - caught and buried a possum once - some time later (minutes) went back and the critter was gone:)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  11. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wanted to post and tell everyone what a great thread i think this is. I have worked in a veterinarian's office for the last 14 years. Things are getting a little scary for the animals. People out of work, cant afford house payments never mind vet bills. There was a story on the front page of today's paper about someone finding a mastiff wondering a dirt road with bullet wounds to his head and neck. It's very sad that people can't afford their animals so their turning to things like this. We are having alot of elderly people coming in lately to put their animals down. We help who we can but the owners of the practice have to be careful of their financial status as well. It's nice to see so many wonderful animals posted here with great owners. I have 6 animals and if i didn't work where i did it would be hard for me also. Sorry if this is upsetting but just wanted everyone to know it's nice to see this thread and the wonderful comments
    Gasser Girl

12. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is he okay now????
    He's very cute.
    Gasser Girl

13. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

Jack Russels are awesome:) My dog's best bud is his "uncle" Spunky, man those dogs have a high prey drive! Squirrels, birds, mice, mailmen, me, you name it!

I always say that if Woodson had Spunky's disposition, we would have had some serious issues.

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

we can't afford vet bills right now eithier, but we will be there for them the best we can,i will go hungry before they do. it's a lifetime commitment to a dog, some people think they are just property,but it's an animal that makes you the center of it's world.they are good to us and have always been there for us. besides they keep your feet warm at night. My manchester sleeps in a sleeping bag with me and the old beagle does the same with my wife,and the large dogs sleep between us. they are our kids.

15. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I hate people sometimes. We work hard to find homes for rescue dogs while morons and breeders allow more dogs to be born than there is a need for.
    I am currently fostering Peyton, found here tarasdream.org click on view the dogs.
    My two forever dogs were rescues too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here is some comic relief...
    http://www.ssqq.com/jokes/jokepicsigndebate.htm

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  16. Hey'yall, Here's my Loyal co-pilot "Huntley" I take him to every show or cruize night that will allow him. (What kind of ass would I be to leave him home, after performing his guard dog duties all day?)Our last adventure was the Bare bones car club "polar Cruize". Lord knows we needed it after being locked up all winter. When ever I take Huntley out he usually starts a new fan club where ever we wind up. In fact I used to give tours in antique firetrucks around downtown chicago where people would take my picture every few blocks driving through town. Some days I would take Huntley along as my co-pilot and people would take pictures by the hundreds!!! Something about a happy-ass smiling dog riding around town in a firetruck does that to people I guess.
    I often refer to my dog as an "affection hound" and he often gets the attention he desires, which is fine, but I wound up feeling bad one time last summer when a fair looking lady spotted him in the crowd and had to have her time with him. She not only scratched, and played with him but wrestled around with him on the ground for about 5-10 minutes making every guy around jealous of that dog of mine. When she was done and let him go we split before she noticed what a great job she did helping him shed that warm afternoon! (sorry miss!)
    Now if anyone wants to see more of this dog you can find some more pics in some of the 5 photo albums on my profile, and as far as any of you out there missing your four legged friends, Remember, that we're all just beings of light, who happen to be trapped in different bodies... We all join back together sooner or later. Be patient, True friendship is eternal...

Attached Files:

17. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Wanda, Junie & Dustie are too cool. Pets are the greatest. We got 2 dogs last year, haven't had a dog in 25 years. Didn;t konw what I was missing out on till Axle & benny came into our lives.:)

18. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

How's Dakots doing??? Great looking pooch. :)

19. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

your dog in the second pic looks a lot like our Benny but judging from the 3rd pic he's a good bit bigger. Great looking pups.:cool:

20. [​IMG]

This is a day after he was attacked by a dog outside my house.
    Boy I hope your dog recovers well, nothing sucks more than another dog coming to your dogs home and doing something like that.
    It reminds me of something a dog trainer once told me...
    "Your dog wouldn't let you go it alone in a fight, wouldn't you get in there for him?" Here's hoping you got some teeth in!!!!

21. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

about time to go to bed.my little manchester terrior just came in and head butted me, that means go get in bed so i can snuggle under the covers. :)
    she gets cold. they don't have much body fat. anybody else have a standard manchester? they are a riot,and attitude 10 times bigger then they are. :D

22. TurboHaddix

TurboHaddix

Cool Dog and Cat. I love aussies. I just recently lost my 13 yr old Aussie to breast cancer. She was a great dog. I rescued a new one from a shelter but he's gonna have a hard time filling those shoes.

23. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Here's my little guy, Angus, with my girl. He wasn't quite full grown there. He's about 165 pounds now and can stand on his back legs and look me in the eye, and I'm 6'2"

[​IMG]

and here is my German Shepherd, Ingrid, when I first brought her home from the pound...

[​IMG]

I don't have any human kids, but these two are as close as you can get.

24. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

great danes are awesome, sad they don't have a super long life span. known a lot of people with them. sweet as anything.

25. TurboHaddix

TurboHaddix

My buddies great dane just died on him. It was weird. He was walking him through the woods like he always does and the dog just laid down and died. He was only 7. :(

26. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Yeah, they're called the "heartbreak dog" because they usually only live about 8 years. Although, Vanessa works with a lady who has a 13 year old Dane. Angus is the biggest lover I've ever seen. That big goober will actually spoon with Vanessa in bed. haha. When he sits on your lap, his back legs are in your lap, but the front feet are on the floor. Cracks me up. Ingrid is brilliant in a dizzy blond kind of way. She knows and obeys every word you can throw out there, but she's still a dingbat. She can't figure out why eating bees is a bad idea, even after a few good stings to the tongue.:rolleyes:

groundpounder likes this.
  27. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Damn, man. That would rip my guts out.

Here's a pic of Angus when he was little. He still sleeps like this...:D

[​IMG]

jhammer likes this.
  28. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Damn Dart, Thats hilarious! Mitch does the Same thing :D

[​IMG]

29. MarkS.

MarkS.
    from Maryland

I've got the dog, but no car to let him ride in yet. He's a two year old Old English Sheepdog. Best friend I've ever had. That dog doesn't have a mean bone in him. You could do just about anything to him (not that I ever would) and he would come up and lick you to death. He likes to dig up the new bushes I plant in the back yard :rolleyes:. He also likes to herd me like a sheep. Bumps into my legs to push me where he wants. Wonderful creatures they are. We could learn from them.

30. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh my gosh. That is just too cute:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.