Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods >>Go ahead, punch me in the face: My new 1933 Ford Coupe!!!!!<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Aug 21, 2010.

1. There can be only ONE PackFord!@

Nice score JJ! Glad to hear the lil dude is doing well. LilT spent 4 weeks in a body cast when he was 1 year old. You will get through it. :)

2. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

JJ, great car! I like mine a little ruff around the edge's also..
    I have been driving the shit out of it...
    I'am shure you and that new baby boy will driving your's too....

[​IMG]

3. That coupe is awesome man! Sooo...How long till that 32 shell goes on the market? I wouldn't think twice about selling that. You'll need the extra dough to build a flathead right anyway and considering the way you trade a better 32 will come along someday! You've turned that T into 3W coupe!

4. very nice car! Can't wait to see it built.

5. Man, I always look forward to reading your posts! You change cars like my bro, 51fordshoebox! Your plans look awesome! I'm planning a trip up the Blue Ridge Parkway in "Ovaltine" when I get back from Afganistan and would love cruising with ya!

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's a Hot Rod JPJ!!!! I am half tempted to run a cadillac since I have one sitting in the garage that just needs an intake. Your car is so rad I would be driving the shit out of it too!!!

Alright here's the deal Josh, the flathead that came with the car is a running motor with new edelbrock heads, a 2x2 edelbrock intake and seems to be a low milage engine as well so I don't think I'll need much to build that but you know how that goes. As stated before I would like to switch over to a 59a type look with new heads, waterpumps and dizzy so that I can clear that fan with a mech fan. I know that'll cost money but if I have to run stock heads to save some cash then so be it.

For a second....just a second I thought that I should change my plans and run a hemi in this car just as I wanted to in the '32 and either sell that body or put it on the back burner. But then I snapped back into my senses and realized that the '32 is my all time dream car and I have caught so much flak for buying that hunk of shit that it's my duty.....YES MY DUTY to see that car through no matter how long it take to get there. I know it sounds stupid but that one might be on the chopping block before the '33. I am uncertain how I will pay for that HEMI to be built but damn it I will have a HEMI Drag coupe!!!!! Don't expect it in the classifieds anytime soon unless I can't feed my baby.....or at least until I get the hospital bill in the mail for what I owe on Memphis' stay in the ICU.:rolleyes:

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome, it would be my pleasure man!!! Dinner and drinks are on the Iron Lords for your service!!! It's by far some of the nicest roads up there in the mountains.

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

If he was at the St. Judes Hospital in Memphis ... I would be surprised if there is much ... IF ANY ... bill. :)

Cool trade ... I love 33/34 Ford 3W coupes. I just never had one. :(
    I get stuck with all that old 32 Ford stuff.

:D

9. brady1929

brady1929

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Not that I should be focusing on this thing at all when I'm in a hustle to get my '35 going but I did scoop up some Older Firestone 6.00's for the front. I thought they were only going to be a about 1/2" smaller but maybe because they are an older casing they are more like an inch smaller. I'll have to see how they look once the '35 Wires are mounted to see if they are going to be big enough.

11. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

OOh nice...
    TP

12. I thought you were running raised white letter radials on it like all your other cars???

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Don't project you dreams on me dude. You can keep that shit to your RS Camaro you're building.

14. Pete told me about this 3 window, congrats, very envious, however, stoked that you got it, a great opportunity and look forward to seeing it come back to life.

Congrats also on your new family member, trust all is improving, although sleep is overrated;):D

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks Drewfus! I should be getting on it probably sometime this winter. After I put a whole bunch of miles on my other car. Once I start on it I really don't plan on getting ass deep into details. I'll probably just whip it together, drive it for a while and tear it down in years to come so that I can do it properly.

Little Dude, is much better and getting bigger and stronger every day. Thanks for asking.

-JJ

16. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

I call dibs when when brother gets it from you, then a couple months later want's to sell it. Sweet car dude. Seems like you always get the good stuff and I am always stuck with some piece of shit :D Are you still going to run dub spinners on it?

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think I get this Auto A.D.D from your brother. That dude switches projects like nobody's business. I'll tell you what, since I offered the car to your brother for that truck he built and he didn't want it, let's just take him out of the equation.:D:D

Thanks man, but have you seen my '32? I think I got the piece of shit there but I'm not complaining in the least bit. This '33 is a fluke!!! I feel like it's not even mine, I am just waiting on bills or something to come up to take it away from me.

18. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

It's only a matter of time....muhwahahahah!

I'll be waiting...

:D

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I should host an octagon fight to raise money for charity. $1000 buy in and 56 dudes can fight to submission in a cage in a chance to take home a Rat Rod! That'll cover Memphis' hospital stay and surgery until the next one when I have to raffle off the '35.

20. farmer12

farmer12

Congratulations on a great rust free score. Can't wait to see this one being built, I'll be watching this one for sure!

21. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

$1000?! Pthht! I can build my own bitchin Rat Rod for that tidy sum! My neighbor has an old jeep I can start with...

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah but it's for a good cause....oh wait, didn't I say charity then I said I'd use it for hospital bills. My plan has been uncovered..fuck!

Alright fine, $100 buy in or if you have a Eddie Money Mtv trading car you can give me to complete my set we'll call it even.

23. You guys always score the cool cars - got any openings in your club? :rolleyes:

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Depends, are you coming up for Goodguys this Halloween? You should if not!!!

25. Shawn M

Shawn M

Dub spinners, rat rod, numbers on the door=Gangstaratrodbonnevilleracer!

26. Damn...I haven't been paying attention...nice score...wouldn't have minded having that Merc in my humble garage...

27. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Awesome! nice score! And I like the look you want to go for, bad ass! Can't wait to see more on this one.

-Josh

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You should have seen the merc in person those 3-4 months that you've been here and it was out and about. It was pretty damn cool. Now you'll have to come to my garage and check out the shit that doesn't move and has no plans to anytime soon. Booooooo!!!!

29. I know I am bummed...it's been one hurdle after another since getting here but finally starting to get settled in...know whatcha mean as I have contemplated parting with my 57 and getting back into the realm of jackstands and unfinished projects...the only thing I miss about SoCal is the big shop I had...I'll start stalking you fellas soon enough

30. By the way I felt validated when I traded the Rivi so that I could have room for the whole family because you had traded the Hussy for the same reason...now you stab me in the back by snagging that sweet 33...