Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods >>Go ahead, punch me in the face: My new 1933 Ford Coupe!!!!!<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Labold

Labold

Looks great. I think in the long run you will be happy you traded but it is hard to give up a running/driving car that you liked.
    I just happen to need a set of '40 wheels. Let me know if you wanna sell them to help pay for the spinnin 24's you were eye'n.

2. we know where the BIG H.A.M.B BANNER is now
    after thr 1st punch close eyes and wait for roundhouse left to ear...

it might just knock your shoes off the hook

3. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

4. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I would trade a '52 Merc for that Coupe any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Nice work dude.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Sorry man I have another project that I am going to use them on. If anything changes I'll let you know!!! PM Tuck here on the Hamb. He might have a set to sell.

Ouch! The big Hamb banner is for the Iron Lords Good Guys Meet & Greet and Auto Fair after party.

Why thank you my good man. That was a pretty rad Merc though but I'm a Hot rod type feller through and through so I couldn't pass it up.

Thanks guys!!!

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Cool man that is going to be sweet.

7. Awesome trade Jeffery! Happy to hear your son is doing well. I always enjoy following your escapades. It is clear that you have a serious passion for this stuff!

8. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

great score..beats driving a 52...just barely.

9. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

thats a nice ride WOW

10. Nice score! but I wondering if Chris' is starting to rub off on you. :D I'm undecided about the chop, but then again I think there are only two ways to chop a Model 40 Deluxe Coupe, 1) The Pete (leaning the A pillars back) or 2) The Jake (lengthen the door tops).

As for your pending medical bills, every hospital has a financial assistance fund in which anyone can apply too for aid. When you get the bill call the hospital and ask for the financial aid/assistance forms. They send them out to you, and it doesn't cost a thing to apply for financial aid. If you qualify, the fund will take care of a percentage your medical bill owed.

If your like me and have a seperate car and living funds, hid your car fund money by buying old car parts. Then apply for the financial assitance, trust me, it's really hard to prove the money that use to be in the account was just spent on car parts and not to pay other bills owed. The wife might not like you spending money on car parts when your facing mounting medical bills, but if your smart and buy parts that will hold value and are easy to resell. Then you can quickly resell the parts to pay down your medical bills, if you don't get any assitance from the fund.

11. Soreback

Soreback

Congrats on the trade and the son!

12. McFly

McFly

Nice work dude! That's a pretty clean 3W.

13. rocknrollratfink

rocknrollratfink
    from LA

Cant wait to see where this will lead!

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Na.. Just weird semi old guy stuff. See, prior to Boyd, and Vern Luces coupe in about 1980, nobody built '33s. After Boyd made his big splash, and the street rod thing was in full bloom, everybody suddenly wanted the daintier '33 stuff. More artistic you know. So for me '34 grill shells are just the more hot rod gig. The '33 screams street rod to me... Like I said, it's a weird semi old guy thing. Funny thing is, I'm not that old (45), just been doing this stuff forever!

15. Great trade! Ive got a similar condition 34 3 window that I was supposed to get on next but I just bought a 32 3 window ,now my focus is messed up! Hot rodding is all about getting sidetracked!

16. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Jeffery, I take my hat off to you, that '33 looks bloody amazing! I also have to say I love your plans for the Coupe too.Good on 'y dear boy!

Nick.

17. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

[​IMG]

Good Luck with the new project after the Swelling goes down

18. 31whitey

31whitey

Ya...your getting blasted in the mouth for sure.

No seriously though...Great project.

Solid parts stash and that body looks good, chops not bad at all dude.

The 1933 ford looks the most agressive of all years...hood and grille help that, I think.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks guys, every time I go outside in the garage I giggle a bit still.

Whitey don't you worry dude, I'd still like to start on my 5w before I touch this one so I am still on for our little wager. The only thats going to be a problem will be I need to find money to build it since that Merc was my reserve money. I'm sure I'll figure that out. And anyhow with you indecisiveness of keeping and selling your coupe i think I have some time! You need to come down here for Good Guys this year....no excuses.

20. kookee

kookee

I love the 33/34's. Beautiful. Your a lucky guy.

21. 31whitey

31whitey

Man...I should have told ya.

But after all your talk of wagers and drag race build offs...I just couldn't.

I put it on ranger chassis, made a dune buggy...so fun.

22. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Great trade in my opinion.....that car is timeless! I can see the boy at 16, Dad can I borrow the keys? Nice ride!:D

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Perfect Whitey!! That ranger chassis should really help you hook up at the track.

Keep that body. I went into my shed to look at my 5w body. And I confirmed my suspicions.....it's a pile of shit. Everybody wants me to sell it since it's so rough. But I'm keeping it and you should too!

24. sawzall

sawzall

Glad to hear your little guy Is doing well but where the heck will he ride in a 34 coupe?

I could send my 36 wagon project down to help you out!

Ha! Congrats

25. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

on fire.

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well that's one of those things we are going to have to figure out when the time comes. My '35 should be big enough for all 3 of us (or so it says in the owners manual from 1935) but if not then I guess we'll have to take two cars!

-JJ

27. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Killer car man!! That looks like a really solid foundation.
    Jimmy White

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'm going to tell you two things:

1. DON'T change the chop..........that wedge cut thats on it now is perfect.

2. DON'T trade the '33 grille/hood for a '34. Everyone does the '34 thing and I never understood why.............'33 is way better looking.

Save me from coming down there and talking to you by hand.......just heed no. 1 AND no. 2 :eek::D

BTW, awesome score............your living one of the top things on my bucket list.

Frank

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nope definitely not going to change much especially the lid and the grille. For one, I don't have the confidence to be touching a 3w body with a saw and I also like how the '33 grille is less bulky. It's like when guys switch '35 grilles for '36's which doesn't make sense to me. The '35 grille is perfect so why screw with it....same with the '33.

I'm once again going to approach this car like my pal Chris. Clean it up, bolt it together, paint it with a brush and drive it!!!