Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GNRS - first timer needs advice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 35Chevy.com, Jan 22, 2010.

1. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

Flying west for the GNRS with the wife.
    We arrive on Thursday night and will be staying at the Doubletree in Claremont.

Plan on attending on Friday and Saturday and looking for advice on the best way to tackle this show. Also anything we shouldnt miss.

Thanks, Gary

2. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

This year, go to the last building, the farthest from the entrance. Rod & Custom has something special set up, I mean special.

3. get there early, plan to stay late. wear comfortable shoes, make sure you have plenty of film or space on your media card.

fridays are usually pretty mellow.

i usually blow through every building and make mental notes on where i want to spend some time. there are usually some pretty nice cars parked between the buildings, make sure the look for the hidden jewels.

saturday is busier, so earlier is better if you wanna look at stuff. its the perfect time to just kinda wander around and flim-flam.

come out the the Bob's Big Boy Broiler in Downey for the HAMB deal on friday nite (they'll ahve a booth so you can talk to cyclone kevin) and dont miss the HAMB meet and greet on saturday afternoon.

usually some cool bands in the suede palace. i like to get in there after dark because i think the lighting is better for looking at cars in that particular building.

4. get there early, plan to stay late. wear comfortable shoes, make sure you have plenty of film or space on your media card.

fridays are usually pretty mellow.

i usually blow through every building and make mental notes on where i want to spend some time. there are usually some pretty nice cars parked between the buildings, make sure the look for the hidden jewels.

saturday is busier, so earlier is better if you wanna look at stuff. its the perfect time to just kinda wander around and flim-flam.

come out the the Bob's Big Boy Broiler in Downey for the HAMB deal on friday nite (they'll ahve a booth so you can talk to cyclone kevin) and dont miss the HAMB meet and greet on saturday afternoon.

usually some cool bands in the suede palace. i like to get in there after dark because i think the lighting is better for looking at cars in that particular building.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Best advice I can give you is send me an airline ticket and room reservation. When I get back I'll tell you all about it and save you the hassle. You won't miss any work and I'm retired so it's a win/win.

Frank

6. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

Thanks for the great advice.

Chris Casny:
    Having never been there I'm not sure where the last building is, But I'll be there for 2 days so I guess I will figure it out.

alteredpilot:

I will plan to make it out to Bob's Big Boy. Thanks for reminding me I need to get an extra data card for the camera.

fab32:

Sorry I wont be able to give you my plane ticket but if you send me a PM with your address I will send you a Post Card.

Thanks, Gary

7. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

If you are taking photos, the earlier you get there the better. When it is later it is packed with people and they love to ruin your shots of cars with their bodies.

8. thanks for the tip...I'm a first-timer this year as well

9. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

You photograph your Hemorrhoids? Even if I did that I wouldn't post it on a board with 100,000 members.!

10. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Since Alteredpilot reminded you about the film,also remember to post lots of pics. when you get home so us POOR folks back east that can't afford to go still get to see some cool stuff. Thanks