Register now to get rid of these ads!

GNRS Bikes: check this out!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HeyMang, Jan 29, 2007.

1. HeyMang

HeyMang

There were quite a few bobbers and choppers out at the Roadster show. Cole Foster had a pretty f 'in sweet Flathead Harley Bobber, but the craziest by far was a bike with a quarter-eliptical front spring, friction shocks, u-jointed steering, a DRAG LINK!!, etc. Check out the air cleaner, by the way. Look Familiar?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Salinas Boys Harley:
    [​IMG]

Notice the front headlight? Military Night Light.

[​IMG]

2. Put a good lookin fork on that and remove that :rolleyes: wacky DaVinci stuff and you'd have yourself a killer bike:D

3. Boy Cole really knows how to put a bike togehter. My opinion Cole is top bike builder simple and straight to the point.

4. HeyMang

HeyMang

Its pretty cool man. If not for the "different factor", its one of those creations that you could stare at for an hour and find something completely new every 5 minutes. For instance, I just noticed the cantilever seat!! How bad ass is that???

5. Brickster

Brickster

The forkless bike also won the americas most beautiful motorcycle award. I personally think it's neat as hell. The builder is Christian Dotson and this was his first complete bike build. He was also very involved in the design and construction of the Pinkees built RPU "Loaded".

Brick

6. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

the red panhead was far and away the coolest bike there.

7. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

red panhead please.

you had to have taken a photo of it.

8. tunglegubbin

tunglegubbin

[​IMG]I think I know where the first guy got his inspiration

9. The Harpoon

The Harpoon

thats nice but

Scott Craig said it best(and loud enough when the guy won) Lets see that get ridden out of the show!!!!!

or ever rode like a real bike can/should be.

10. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

That first bike i believe was built by a guy at Creative Concepts in Santa Rosa. I was out at their shop and i saw it when it was in the build process. They do some BEAUTIFUL work over there. Zane is a genious...

11. lehr

lehr

Nice craftsmanship, ugly as hell !

12. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Simplicity is a beautiful thing. The more pipes in the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain!

13. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

Christian is a design genious, yes it does ride normal, the thought process is way out there, but way cool, he did the degins on the loaded truck as brickster pointed out...wait till you see what he is helping on out in California right now...yes you will all hate it to.
    By the way Zane is a sexy bitch...
    Brickster, email me, I keep trying to email you and it comes back....

14. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

that white thing whatever it is, what a waste of time. looks like s***!

15. Rem

Rem

Have to say I'm with Von Wrench, lehr, and pan-dragger on this. The Cole Foster flattie, on the other hand, is the mutt's nuts. The black Pan-Shovel(?) looks good too - love the pipes with the lakes cut-outs.

16. johnnygringo

johnnygringo
    from Nashville

youve got to be fucking kidding

17. brown n down

brown n down

thats EXACTLY what i thought!!!

18. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

genius? WTF some people just have too much time on their hands. That white thing sucks ass! Cole rips .

19. Doghouse

Doghouse

I would like to send a word out to Christian, goog job! The bike is awsome. It is a good example why every one of us got into building in the first place. Imagination! It is what keeps it interesting. The other bikes are very nice as well, but lets look at them for what they are. Why bash someone for pushing the limits! The craftsman ship is right with the best! Good job on everyone's part.

20. chopdtop

chopdtop

I want to see more pictures of the Hawaiian cry baby doll behind the Salinas Boys Harley!:D

Just kidding. The white bike took time and creativity. Looks good from the back to the front of the gas tank and then it looks like HELL from there forward!

21. flathead okie

flathead okie

The first bike and the last LOOK LIKE SHIT.

22. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That white bike is goofy looking. It looks like something DaVinci designed. Forget all that monkey motion stuff, give me a traditional looking bike.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saved the best for last!
    [​IMG]

23. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

i haven't had much of a chance to check out the hamb since they blocked the site at my work, but ive seen a lot of crazy bike concepts over the years working in the design field..christian's bike is very radical but it's all built traditionally by hand with very little CNC work..he built the chassis by hand, engineered the complete bike, and designed every component...what if big daddy roth or von dutch had built this--it would've been considered revolutionary
    this bike stands out because it's thinking outside the box instead of following the same formula as all the bikes over the years..give the guy some credit for working his ass off to push the envelope...

24. marx

marx

them salinas boys build a real nice bike. no bullshit to it.

25. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Anymore pics of this bike:
    [​IMG]

I tend to gravitate towards Flattys & Knucks myself, but this Sporty is really nice! I'd love to have seen it with a front drum, but even the disc works on this one...

26. Braggaboutcars

Braggaboutcars
    from Woburn, Ma

That is the wildest. Love it when builders think outside the box. Humm come to think of it most men just want to think into the box:p LOL. Wonder if it actually is rideable?

27. Brickster

Brickster

I think the point of this bike is getting missed by many of you. Christian's bike is not looking to replace traditionally styled bikes. It was built more as a design exercise and yes it is rideable.
    One of the other things I've heard is that it is overly complicated; well if you were to fabricate a traditional springer totally from scratch that would be a lot of work as well.
    It was also stated in this thread that it was inspired by the black forkless bike. that's not the case either. This bike has been in process for a little over 18 months.
    Lastly, I spoke to Christian a few days ago about this thread and his responce was "fuck those mother fuckers, lets see them come up with something new and actually have the balls to build it"

Here is a picture of the "unrideable" bike back before it was in paint

Brick

Attached Files:

28. HeyMang

HeyMang

I think Ive seen those bikes somewhere before... Easy rider circa 1973? Or was it D.C.'s Biker Build Off?

if any of you want to see real bikes, google "mooneyes japan car show" and stroke your dongs. Those japs will put a bobber together with more dedication and talent than the scientists who devised the proximity fuse in WWII.

29. McKee

McKee

pretty hard to beat Cole's stuff...

Attached Files:

30. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

I can for sure say I appreciate the effort and design process that went into the bike. At first when I saw it in person I had mixed feelings about it and I am not a bike guy. Buy now looking back on it, it is kool that someone set out and designed something totally different from the normal and was able to make it function.

Now what about that stickes and stones bike with the Black Kandy paint ?