Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods GMS Hot Rods in NZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greg Stokes, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakke

Sakke
    from Finland

You have really great looking cars and stuff there !!

Greg Stokes likes this.
  2. The last part of 2018 was a busy time as I moved to a new shop and also completed my partner Tanias 36 coupe rebuild.

The shop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here’s Tanias 36 which much has been previously written about on it....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also been continuously working on, maintaining and improving Bob’s Model A boat tail speedster

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I joined the HAMB in 2007, I believe I posted than how shitty it was that a lot of the Hot Rod Americana was being bought and shipped to other country's. I have come 180 deg. on that subject (not that it matters what I think) you guy's rock!

Rckt98 and Greg Stokes like this.
  4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I think I like the #17 the best!

Greg Stokes likes this.
  5. Materguru

Materguru

i agree that all of our Americana is being shipped out of country. Is nothing solely ours anymore?

Greg Stokes likes this.
  6. This weekend we are at the 25th annual Hot Rod & Classic Car Festival in Kumeu. We have cars displayed in the main shed, a trade site in the Trade Area outside #06 site. We have stock of the GMS Hot Rods T shirts in men’s and ladies sizes, a range of Pete & Jakes Hot Rod Parts on display, Re-Tire Whitewall Cleaner available and we have shade from the predicted warm weather. Most of all, drop by the stand, say hi and pluck our brains about any hot rod parts you require or possibly your project which we can handle from and to any stage. We look forward to meeting you all and thank you in advance for visiting the stand or showing an interest in what we do at GMS Hot Rods. Happy hot rodding, Greg & Tania - contact 021 955 459 or email [email protected]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

32SEDAN likes this.
  7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Greg
    I think it would be fair if at least one was shipped back to the states.
    I'll take the yellow one!

Greg Stokes likes this.
  8. 2935ford

2935ford

All the best on the new venture! :)

Greg Stokes likes this.
  9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Impeccable design/execution on the Model A racer! Traditional work at its finest on your '32 roadster...Tania's '36 (my first car, chopped it at age 13) with the baby Hemi, four twos in a row...
    Absolutely some collection, under one roof.
    I'm pleasantly surprised you run a dead perch, on the passenger side. Where it belongs.
    Question, Greg... Where are you buying these superb Bell steering wheel clones? Both 3-and-4 spoke types look perfect! (are they chromed steel spokes or stainless?)
    Thanks for the insight on New Zealand!

Greg Stokes likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow what a weekend at Kumeu!?! Special thanks to all those who visited the stand, talked about their projects and gave feedback to what we are doing at GMS Hot Rods. A hearty congratulations to Bob for winning Brits Pick, Best Hot Rod and overall People’s Choice. We are humbled, proud and can’t believe the little Lucky 17 speedster garnered so much attention. We are proud to work with Bob on this car and thank him and everyone for your support, appreciation and positive feedback. Happy hot rodding, Greg & Tania GMS Hot Rods

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Thanks for the nice feedback - I love the clean look of a dead perch. The Bell wheel came from Schroder

12. [​IMG]

We still have some shirts left and ship worldwide - direct message me to order and pay via PayPal thanks

13. Due to demand we are currently taking orders for shirts which will be available in two weeks. Men’s or ladies sizes available - NZD$30 ea plus shipping thru New Zealand and worldwide. To order please direct message thanks #gmshotrodsnz #hopuplive #nzhotrod #32percenter #roddersjournal

14. clem

clem

“Credit where credit is due”.
    That no. 17 is an absolutely beautiful car. Dash is something special.
    Was one of my favourites at the speed show in July, 2018. Couldn’t stop looking at it !

As a note of interest, I went to the first Kumeu show, 7 swap meet vendors and about 30 cars on the main field as I remember it.

Greg Stokes likes this.
  15. It’s been the endless summer of rodding here in New Zealand

Here’s a 32 5w on the go...
    [​IMG]

The shop is busy too
    [​IMG]

Bob had this neat display with his car at the Beach Hop
    [​IMG]

We raced Tanias coupe at the drags this past weekend. 17.0 with the 291 Hemi and 5 speed.
    [​IMG]

Bob raced the speedster - 19 seconds
    [​IMG]

16. Finally we have shirts after a printing delay so they are shipping out today to all parts of the world to fill the orders placed. If you want a men’s or ladies shirt they are NZD$30 each plus shipping and you can also pay via PayPal - thanks

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. Plenty going on

T-bucket build
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Researching the Road Hog restoration...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

32 frame in process
    [​IMG]

34 frame in the jig
    [​IMG]

18. Latest happenings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

32SEDAN and kidcampbell71 like this.
  19. GMS Hot Rods apparel in stock as follows:
    Men’s short sleeve T-shirts sizes Medium to 3X Large - $30 each.
    Ladies V-neck T shirts sizes Small to X Large - $30 each.
    Men’s Long sleeve shirts sizes Medium to X Large - $45 each.
    Ladies fitted Long sleeve shirts sizes Medium or Large - $45 each.
    Unisex - zip up hoodies sizes Medium to 2X Large - $65 each.
    All high quality Gildan products in black with GMS logo on left front chest and the Lance Sorchik art work on the back. Prices exclude shipping - we ship throughout New Zealand and worldwide, prices are in New Zealand dollars and we accept cash, bank deposit or PayPal. Phone 021 955 459 or email [email protected] to order thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Latest stuff...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

32SEDAN and kidcampbell71 like this.
  21. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool endeavor and excellent cars. I don't mean to be critical so please take this in the light offered, I was wondering about the hard line on the fuel inlet from the firewall on the awesome boattail. I don't go there due to engine vibration stressing the fuel line, Some coil it, some use a flex line, you didn't. Any issues? Concerns?
    upload_2019-7-9_12-53-23.png

22. Thanks - what this photo doesn’t show is the flexible rubber hose used

23. It’s been a massive few months leading up to the CRC Speedshow New Zealand with busy times at GMS Hot Rods. Aside from customers work during the day, this car has come together after hours as it’s for me and Tania. Using the wheel and tyre combination from my yellow roadster, this car is inspired by the cars of Henry Richards, Alan Johnson and Bobby Alloway. It’s been many a late night or early morning on this one. A huge thanks to Tania, my parents, Barry Dew, John Allen, Chris Hornblow, Henry Richards, Dave Graham and also Pete and Jake's Hot Rod Parts, Roy Brizio Street Rods Inc, Steadfast MFG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    pwschuh, kidcampbell71 and GasserTodd like this.
  24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

25. alchemy

alchemy

I saw that pic and instantly thought you had imported the "Steadfast 30 Day Special" they built for the Columbus Goodguys. It sure has the look.

Greg Stokes likes this.
  26. Thanks - Steadfast have been a huge influence

27. Rckt98

Rckt98

That looks great Greg.

Greg Stokes likes this.
  28. Thanks Russell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Louisville 50th Street Rod Nationals alert. I will have some Men’s and Ladies GMS Hot Rods apparel available. Prices are in USD - men’s T shirts or ladies v-neck $20 each - men’s or ladies long sleeve shirts $35 each and unisex zip up hoodies are $50 each. Note these are all in US dollars - please PM me thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Interesting hearing about all the US cars getting shipped overseas..........I suppose you guys know of Dick Scritchfields 1932 Ford Tourer............that was shipped from Oz to the USA around 1966/67........tho apparently a 32 3 window coupe came into Oz in return..........andyd

kidcampbell71 and Greg Stokes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.