Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical GMC 270 Oil Canister

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zaloryan, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Zaloryan

Zaloryan

Hello again fellow enthusiasts,

I'm asking for help. I've just refinished my external oil canister for my GMC 270 and I now realize that it was missing some of the internal hardware when I took it off the truck. Most notably, I am missing the annulus/seating adapters for the bottom and top of the oil filter. These parts ensure that the oil filter properly seals, so only filtered oil is drained into the engine.

Unfortunately I cannot find anything which references the correct filter number. My best efforts have yielded that these filters can be used for the tall GMC oil canister:
    AC-Delco: PF-141
    Salem: P-141
    FRAM: CH-200PL
    NAPA: 1141
    GMC: 5574540, 5576054

I realize that I could convert to a modern spin-on filter, but I want to retain the original canister for the period-correct look and functionality. Do any of you that have made the conversion to a spin-on filter still have your old canister with the hardware I need? Let's make a deal!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Just my wild ass guess.....they may be the same as the Chevy V8 56-68ish canister.That canister used the Ch200pl filter if memory serves me.Lots of those still around at swap meets if the internal pieces will fit.

3. Gofannon

Gofannon

I used a Ryco R2006P in the canister for my Chevy truck. Fits Allis Chalmers tractors. You might need to adapt it, but it's just a generic by-pass filter.