Register now to get rid of these ads!

GMB yard crawl in SW Michigan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bluthndr, Jan 12, 2006.

1. bluthndr

bluthndr

Found a yard on my route down here. Going to talk to the owner about having some of us walk the yard/buy stuff some weekend soon. Lots of 60's & 70's stuff I can see from the road, possibly older (40's?) according to his friend that told me about it - Studes and everything.

I guess he's the second generation that owned/ran it, and the other guy (who told me about it) said some guys are trying to get him to crush out soon, as a lot of it is supposedly very rough.

Will go there tomorrow and post some pics if he'll let me walk the yard. Just wanted to post here so I can see how much interest there is. If I get enough interest I'll try to set something up.

2. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

I don't think it'll be hard to get people interested!

3. Where (roughly) is this yard? Helps for us east siders for planning, ya know!;)

Jay

4. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

I'll come up for it.

5. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Im in

last one we went to was cool met alot of cool hambers.

6. bluthndr

bluthndr

It's kinda Northwest of Kalamazoo... Like I said - I'll see what's there tomorrow and go from there...

7. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

is it Marquis by Mattawan? a bunch of us went there last summer, it was lots of fun!

8. phat rat

phat rat

9. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

yea where were you charlie chop was there.

10. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

11. bluthndr

bluthndr

Not sure - it is "by Mattawan" though. Marquis does sound familiar... And here I thought I could contribute something cool to the H.A.M.B...

12. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

hey man, youre still contributing. one thing I have learned, people here are ALWAYS up for a crawl. set a time, and they will show up!

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Roadstar and I stopped back there the weekend before Halloween to pick up that rear he brought there. The guy couldn't have been nicer. Had a group of friends hanging out around a campfire and invited us to join them, even offering beers and munchies. Made us feel right at home. He even asked me if I had my "bikini" with me! :D What a memory. He also invited us to come back the next weekend for his Halloween party.

Yep, you can count on me and Roadster making the trip again in the spring. Remember guys.....all the '57 rears belong to Rudy! :eek: :D :D :D

14. Jsut something about that number 57:D

15. phat rat

phat rat

actually I had something more important going on that day

16. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Until I read this, I was thinking the post title was "SE Michigan." I'd be up for it, if it looks to be worthwhile.

17. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Well I didn't go last year cause of I was building the garage. This spring I really want to go! April / May time frame!?!

18. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

I'd be down, depending on the timimg...

Also, it wouldn't bother me any to carpool with someone!:eek:

Steve

19. I, for one, find the idea simply smashing!

20. bluthndr

bluthndr

Pouring rain today and it's like 35 degrees out, so I didn't go today. Will have to wait 'til next week (going out to Vegas for work/convention for the weekend) and I will post more info.

21. vetter

vetter
    from Mich.

Count me in! Hell, I've taken vacation days, and spent the whole day in a junk yard, never thought about doing it with a group!:cool:

22. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Ditto....If I am back on that side of the state when it goes down, I would carpool with you, Steve (if interested)...Just depends on when it is.