Register now to get rid of these ads!

GMB Makes Good - Ionia Hot Rod Shop in New R&C

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stickylifter, Feb 22, 2006.

1. I was thumbing through R&C this morning, and there's a feature on IHRC, plus a tech on deuce crossmembers from Denny in there! Matt is HotRodDrummer here in HAMBsville, for those what don't know, and a heeluva guy. It's about time. Congrats!

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

very much so Marc..I agree
    congrats fellas!!!!!!!!......and real nice work too!!

3. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

For anyone in the area that hasn't been to this shop you are really missing out. This father son team are really nice guys and very inovative to boot. Congrats on the exposure although from what I've heard it isn't the first "exposure" that Matt has been part of.:D :eek: But then again he is a card carrying GMB:)

4. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Congrats Matt. It's about time some of the GMB's got a little credit for their hard work and talent!!

5. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

Thanks guys!!

I'ts pretty neat to be in the same rag that made my dad dream as a kid (not to mention, getting his hand slapped in school for reading it instead of his text book)...me too really, growing up building models, trying my hand with an airbrush after seeing it in R&C...

Really cool, thanks again,:cool:

Matt

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I just love those 40 year over night sucess stories.:rolleyes: I knew when Denny took that night course in basic welding good things were bound to happen.
    after all shoudn't a GM shop rat be able to do something reasonably well after spending his whole adult life doing the same thing. Congrats Denny and Matt, any recognition you get is well deserved and long overdue. I think I'll apply for the janitors job, you never know, they might be able ot teach me something.:eek: :)

Frank

7. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

Fathack brought the mag by yesterday to show me. good job guys! you deserve it! Now you just need to get the damn rpu done and get more coverage!!!:D

8. I guess the whole world knows now...............it was long over due....congrat's Matt and Denny!!:)

9. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

Cool stuff. I'll have to go hunt around for one. Seems everytime a local is in R&C the magazine is done flew off the shelves by the time I get there.

10. jerry coale

jerry coale

Hi Guys - GREAT article in R/C - I could not get a copy and a customer gave me his copy. This chap road in the Heny J on a milk crate when Bill ( Waddill ) was doing "test & tune on Linden Road. Does ROD & CUSTOM know the BIG picture???
    jerry coale [email protected]

11. R&C Lee

R&C Lee
    from SoCal

Hey Matt, I had a talk with your dad in Indy, looks like it's time to get the camera fired up.