Register now to get rid of these ads!

GM Disc Brakes on 1940 Plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dickj42, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Dickj42

Dickj42
    from East Texas

Okay, let's try this again. Has anybody had any experience putting GM discs ('84 Camaro) on a 1940 Plymouth. I read that the Plymouth hubs were small and easily fit inside some disc rotors and only need to be re-drilled. I've heard that S-10 backing plates work. If that's so, shouldn't the Camaro brakes be an easy swap?
    I've got the GM parts car out back.
    Thanks,
    Dick J

2. might be best to look at the stuff available from scarebird, seems to take a lot of the guess work out and I think most times the brackets are like 150 or so for the pair (both sides driver and passenger)

we will be using scarebird on Seabass49's Coronet...

3. 4woody

4woody

I did mine this way:
    http://rustyhope.com/site/?page_id=7 on a couple of cars. The calipers are GM metric, but the rotors are Volare with adapters for the inner bearings. The brackets shown take the place of backing plates.

4. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

I did scarbird on mine. It used 82 cavalier calipers and ford probe rotors. worked really well. and same bolt pattern.. I have a thread on here with pics.