Register now to get rid of these ads!

GM Column to Rebal Harness Color Coding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by C4 Metal Werks, Aug 21, 2012.

1. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

I have 3 wires left and they don't jive. GM shows the black wire to the horn and the Rebel harness has a green wire for the horn. I'm confused I couldn't find anything clear in a search.

Attached Files:

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Did you call Rebel Wire?

3. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

I have not. It's late at night and I'm trying to get this done for a friend of mine.

4. squirrel

squirrel

GM color code uses a black wire from the horn switch to the relay, and green from the relay to the horn....I think.....it's been a while.

So, is there a horn relay connection built into the Rebel harness?

Rebel won't publish their instructions on line so it really sucks trying to help guys figure this stuff out. Everyone else in the world makes this stuff public, I have no idea what their problem is.

5. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

I spoke to the folks at Rebel and he said that I have an older harness(purchased 3 years ago) and they have now changed the green horn wire to black in their harnesses. He said as well the green and tan wire left over on the GM plug do not go to ground and there are no ground wires on a GM column. Lastly he is emailing a copy of their wire book.