Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects GM 235 Split Exhaust Glasspack Recc'd

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Zac B, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Zac B

Zac B
    from Norman, OK

Greetings,
    I am finishing up my semi-restoration of a 1937 Chevy Sedan and have opted to go with the split exhaust per the research I did on the Message boards. The car has a 235 out of a '61 pickup and I found one of the old original 235 manifolds with the plate welded in and outlet added so I plan to use that as my split manifold. I also have 2 22" Smithy glasspacks I am going to incorporate that I bought at a local swap meet. What I came here for was to get your guys recommendation on where I should put the glass packs and what size tubing for best sound. The car goes into the exhaust shop Thursday at 9am so I want to have a plan on what to tell the exhaust guy. I've done quite a bit of HW on the topic but I thought I'd at least throw it to the HAMB to get any last minute ideas.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

1 7/8'' headpipes, mufflers far fwd as possible, 1 3/4'' tailpipes under the bumper.

3. What a beauty! Where you find it?
    Will sound great with the split and two Smithy's. Keep us posted................

4. Zac B

Zac B
    from Norman, OK

It was a barnfind near Tulsa, OK (see pics). It had been sitting for 15+ years when I got it & thought it would be a good project. It's been fun learning and tinkering on a car 50 years older than me!

Attached Files:

5. belair

belair

I love 37s. Don't go too big on the pipes. My 55 is a 235 with duals. Rapppppps out nice.