Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Glen Hooker's 1939 Mercury Convertible

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 2, 2014.

1. zero2hero

zero2hero
    from earth

Yes he was, cant remember who but Glen was a buddy of mine from the Kevin's burger's Friday car show some time ago..I had one of the valley custom shop's car's a 1950 Ford that was owned by Barry S. Any way Glen asked me at Kevins if I could help him with some of the clean up of Neil's or Clayton's shop up in S/F on the weekend...well it was a FANTASIC day but the best was yet to come....in the back yard where the shop is a mulberry tree that looked more like a bush limbs on the tree went to the ground. Glen to me to go look under the tree.....I could not believe my eye's there under the tree sat a 32 ford roadster, channeled ,full belly pan, twin GRAM supper chargers, just like in the magazine......well after I regained my self I found my way out of the tree and went to knock on the door....long story short I offered ALOT but mom said the car was going to the son, so I can under stand that, but what a time...I sat in the 32..... I haven't had that feeling since....WOWWWW ......W.D.

2. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Glenn's cvt was featured in HRM in 1956 along with Pete Brock's 1946 Ford cvt. The painted scallop is a very cost effective way of suggesting the "sweetheart dip" that began to appear post World War II and was featured in early '50s GM models like the Buick Skylark, Cad Eldorado and Olds Fiesta. IMHO it's the only late model concession on an otherwise very traditional build. Would really like to see a picture of the "final" modification to the Hooker cvt with raised front fenders and sectioned hood.

3. Graveyardsaint1

Graveyardsaint1

Nice...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!