Register now to get rid of these ads!

Glass question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Elmo Rodge, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Hey Oldbeet and you other glass guys. I'm getting ready to install the glass in my '36 Ford windshield. Which way does the "set" go? Black to rubber or scrim to rubber? Wayno

2. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

I don't think I understand everything I know about what you did , or didn't say
    The glass is flat and just goes in the frame. are you referring to the T rubber around the frame? [​IMG]

3. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

48Hemi, between the glass and metal. Wayno

4. old beet

old beet

Ya! What 48 HEMI said?????..........OLDBEET

5. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

scrim is a form of waterproof like a little strip of paper or other textile that is used to waterproof the seam kind of like a fender welting, all depends where he got the stuff some dont have any if it has scrim or not ,you can put the rubber in backwards,

6. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

DUH. I just read my original post. It should have said "black to GLASS or scrim to GLASS". Sorry. I'm thrashing trying to get the old girl driveable for the trip to Bonneville. [​IMG] Wayno

7. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

There now we're talking. [​IMG] Black to glass. I use electrical tape to attach it to the glass, then trim off the excess after its all together