Register now to get rid of these ads!

glass etching... thoughts ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magnum Wheel Man, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

did anyone do glass etching on H.A.M.B. friendly cars ??? I know a guy in my cruise group with an O.T. ( 60's ) Chevelle, that bought the car with some roses etched into the back glass, he doesn't like it, but his wife does ( rumor has it the roses are staying ) my wife has been wanting something similar on her O.T. Camaro... just curious when people started doing this??? any "real" vintage cars with etching on the glass ( err... well except for sand blast etching ??? )

2. early to mid '60s show cars sometimes had etched glass, I don't know much before that. A rose on the quarter glass or a spider web in the top corner of the windshield was popular, or at least something that you saw at car shows.

I think that the low rider crowd (bombas) was big on adroning the glass as well.

3. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

The etching makes it a little harder to steal and resell. You can get your VIN etched on the windows, possibly incorporated into a decorative pattern.

4. I think most people shy away from this because it personalizes the car a little to much....A great area to get very creative though, just an opinion

5. killer-D

killer-D

Here is some I did back in the day.I haven't done it in years

Attached Files:

6. GTS225

GTS225

killer......the reflections don't do that justice, but it sure does look like some damn fine work. Good job.

Roger

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

GuiseArt does... he's on here. I think he mainly does marble but I'm sure he could do glass... he's awesome too!!!

Here's his site...

http://www.guiseart.com/

8. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Lowriders do it still.