Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gizzlehopper and Scorpion V - silent auction announcement

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by blacktopbuddha, Jul 26, 2009.

1. It's going to be pretty wild if they both fire up in the parking lot Friday. What if you had the chance on Saturday to fire one of these monsters yourself?

Brian Perrenot with the GizzleHopper and Bill Crosby with the Scorpion V have stepped up to the auction plate and are going to give the highest bidders (2 auctions - one for each car) the opportunity to do just that.

I will have a separate auction card for each car under the canopy. At 4:00 pm the bidding will be closed for these two items. Each winner will then have a thorough introduction to the respective dragster. At 5:00 the cars will be moved to the starting line and then you, the winner, will get to have your way with a 2000hp fire belching 8 second beast!!! Heaven on Earth?

There will be a photographer for this and I hope to have a few other souvenirs to go along with each auction.

Also, if you will be at the drags with a video camera and would be willing to shoot a video of each car please PM me or just reply to this thread. Thanks.

Here is a thread with the GizzleHopper doing it's thing
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373225&highlight=gizzlehopper

Oh yeah, the cars will be locked in neutral so nothing like Zorba's ghost infamous run from '07 goes down.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WHAT!!!?????!!! Now that is cool.

-Abone.

3. ryno

ryno

that sounds bad ass.
    super rad for those guys to step on up.

4. Oh.....my......GOSH!!!!! Are you friggin' serious!!!??? You won't be able to knock those smiles off thier faces for a looooong time! :D

5. Suit

Suit

Here at The Holiday Inn we have 262 Beautifully Refurbished...oh wait...here at The Holiday Inn we have 212 Beaut...Dammit didn't someone check to see if it was in neutral! 184 rooms convenient to our 8,000 square foot ballroom....shit...2,000 square foot ballroom...oh for God's sakes our Open Air Ballroom!

6. Big Tony

Big Tony

Incredible chance of a lifetime....

7. Can it get any better?

8. bigken

bigken

and your gonna miss it - again !

9. Sounds like fun, but you wouldn't want me to have my way with either one of them, thrust me, that is unless you really want to know what it'll do. :D