Register now to get rid of these ads!

Give your kid a hug from Pontiac Slim

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pontiac Slim, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Would a been my kids birthday today... She died in 98.
    Give your kids a big hug as you don't know what next year may bring.

I cannot relate the feelings of loose'n your kid so be in appreciation of what you have...

Going outside and let a Bithday ballon go..
    Pontiac Slim

2. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

3. sliderule67

sliderule67
    from Houston

Mine is almost 35; I never miss a chance to hug him. He did make me quit kissing him on the cheek when he turned 18, which I guess is reasonable. Sorry for your loss, Slim. You're right; treasure every moment.

4. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child, my girls are 16 and 8 and being a truck driver even though I get home almost every night, I can't help but worry about them when I'm not there.My heart goes out to you and anyone else that has had to share that kind of pain.God Bless

5. tragic59

tragic59

My whole life I thought I understood what the word "love" meant. Until I had kids. Now I know that I never had a clue, before...

Same goes for the word "worry"...

I can't imagine losing one of my boys. I'm sorry for your loss, and I pray that I never know the feeling myself.

6. STIFF

STIFF
    from Rat Town

I will not pretend to understand how you must feel, just posting to offer my condolences.

I'll give my munchkins an extra hug tonight.

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

im so very sorry!!!cant and dont want to imagine..

8. Scott F.

Scott F.

Slim,
    Yer in my thoughts and prayers. Your post couldn't have come at a better time. I have a daughter and son 10 and 3 respectively and they're at each others throats tonight, driving me crazy and then i read your post and i am so happy to hear them going back and forth with each other. Sometimes I, and others I'm sure, take for granted how fortunate we are.
    My condolences and as said before, I won't pretend to understand how you must feel.

peace
    Scott

9. I'm with Hugh Jass (the poster, not Vanessa... oh you know what I mean. :rolleyes: )

My kids have been driving me nuts the last few days too. But I can't imagine life without em.

God Bless you, Pontiac Slim. You're a strong person.

Jay

10. unklgriz

unklgriz

My condolences go out to you and yours Slim. My kids are 22 & 19. my 19 yr old son just moved from Montana to Florida a month ago and I miss him alot, I can't imagine loosing either one of my kids. I tell them I love them everyday.

Larry

11. Roothawg

Roothawg

I feel for ya bro. I lost my sister 6 years ago. Today's her birthday.

12. Painterman

Painterman

I feel for ya man. I lost my little brother 15 years ago. My Mom hasn't been the same since. I have a 2 year old now and I don't know what I would do if I lost her. I commend you on your strength and Godspeed to your daughter.

13. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

Condolences on your loss. I can only guess its something you never get over. Not having kids, I can't fathom the grief.

I'm 46 yrs old & every time I see my father we hug & kiss hello & goodbye, my brothers also.

My biggest fear is to lose either parent & have the feeling of " shoulda woulda coulda " ...

so if you are a son/daughter, always let your parents know how much you love them, make time for them, take your mom or dad to lunch or a movie, just the 2 of you.... not just on the holidays.

Steve

14. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Oh, man. In my wildest imagination I can't conceive what you have experienced. Even after eight years it has to still be hard. I lost a very close friend yesterday, yet it is nothing compared to your pain. I do appreciate mine, and I am blessed they enjoy our passion for rods too.

My God bless you.

J.