Register now to get rid of these ads!

Give thanks for the Banger Meet Nov. 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, Nov 1, 2010.

1. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

Weeks- excuse my ignorance but could you describe what you mean by warming up the studs with a ball peen hammer. Do you mean hit them like driving a nail or just light tapping. I am going to replace my head with a higher compression and will be replacing the studs. PB blaster and heat has always been my friend but this sounds interesting. Thanks.

2. Give them some good wacks with a small ball peen hammer on the top, this helps to vibrate down through the stud and theoritically help to break some of the corrosion bond they have made from years of being together. I have never torch heated a block to remove the studs, just used liquid slip, a ball peen to break the static bond, and a pipe wrench to turn the studs out slowly or vice grips. Being slow and warming them up with the ball peen hammer is crucial. This is just my experience but I would imagine most of the old saltys would agree with me on all of this I stated above.-Weeks

3. tiquer

tiquer

I have a 31 model A engine from a 50,000 mile original car. I just noticed it has a B style distributor . Ok so could it be original or just an add on sometime over the years? Anyone out there run across this also?

4. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

after 80 years even a coon tail could be considered original

5. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo