Register now to get rid of these ads!

Give me reasons I shouldn't do this.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Donzie, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Donzie

Donzie

I've had this idea for a while. I like it when they open up the rear wheel wells (I've seen it done to a lot of '55 Chevys) sometimes using a '55 Buick radius. But recently in R&C there was a '55 that they had copied the front opening to the back. BINGO! I liked that! Here is a photoshop version of what I have in mind.
    I have no intentions of running skirts and I like the idea of something subtle that only the "right people" will notice. I haven't seen anything like this done on a '49-'52 Chevy.
    Ok, so now tell me why it's not a good idea

Attached Files:

2. I cant` think of a reason. DO IT!!!

3. I like the concept.But think the rears need to be just slightly lower than the front.If the fronts and rears are exactly the same size and shape it looks a touch awkward.

4. KCsledz

KCsledz

I think its a looker! Just do it! Thats what you are going to hear anyway.

5. I like it!

6. DO IT!

if you're not running skirts it's a great look..as said above...probably try running the rear arches a tad lower than the fronts!

DO IT!

cheers
    MAiki [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. The rears are lower then the fronts when stock anyways, so what would be the point?

8. Der.

Im talking about liking the idea of the Contour of the archs in the rear matching the fronts...being at the same height 'EATS' too much of the fender up IMHO and destroys the "perfect" shape of those chevy rear fenders.

The stocks rears are flat-topped.

[​IMG]
    maiki

9. Donzie, I saw that same 55 and I didn't care for it. The look looks better on your car [than the 55] but I still like the stock '50 rear openings. However! It is your car and if it looks good to you then you must go for it.

10. Yeah, yer photochop does look pretty good Mai Ki-Ki. I agree with what yer sayin`

11. old beet

old beet

The AUSSIE is rite, lower is better, Damn they have good taste!! G'Day......OLDBEET

12. thanks! Bondo!

OL BEET....stop sucking up..I HAVE NOTHING OF VALUE!

HEHE
    maiki

13. Donzie,yup its a go'er.Looks kill.Listen to what Mai Ki-Ki is sayin,except if he tells you to put the steerin wheel on the other side!LOL.....Shiny

14. drgnwgn289

drgnwgn289

it looks like a good idea, but will you run into a problem due to the fender sloping inboard toward the top...on a 55 its kind of a slab side deal...?? But if it would work in real life, I'd say go for it

15. Mojo

Mojo

[​IMG]

Got bored. Shave and a hair cut, two bits.

16. D Picasso

D Picasso

I'm with Unk. looks good. lower in the back.

17. prime mover

prime mover

I always thought that looked better on hot rods, the low wheel well in the back is a sign of class like a cadillac or lincoln. but if you just want something diiferent do it. and what would be the point of just a slight job, all or none.

18. Hardtopped, chopped...

me bored too.

maiki

Attached Files:

19. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

not bad. since you will be needing someone to actually do the work for you why don't you let me know when you want to get it done [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Donnie,
    I think you just want to show off those cool wheel covers [​IMG]
    Seriously it looks good but what about thoose shoebox tail lights that we looked at Saturday??
    BTW ... I squared away the Ducktail room for you and Tom last night. The price does go up Friday and Saturday night [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. hatch

hatch
    from house

Just a little more drop in the rear pillars and also more tail dragger....(thanks Mai Ki Ki)

Attached Files:

22. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

A big improvement over stock...those half-wheelwells always kinda bugged me on them cars...your idea fixes it nicely...and like you said...many people probably won't even notice it!

COOL! [​IMG]

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Capital idea, I love those old Chevy breadboxes with the wheelwells opened up.
    Mojo, your vrendition is muy buono.

24. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Wow! every one of those renditions look good. I just wish it was that easy to change them.

25. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

Looks good to me.

26. Donzie

Donzie

Thanks for all the "thumbs up". I can see where making the back one lower looks better. It will be the first major custom mod to the car. I've added '55 Buick headlight rims, a bullnose strip and lowered it some but it's got a ways to go. I'm looking at possibaly putting on '49/'50 taillights w/the side spears. It's been done many times before so I'm not absolutely sure just yet. I have a grille from an yearly '50s Buick (I believe it's a '54) with chrome bars, that I'm thinking of putting in. The grille is too wide but it's a 2 pc. unit and I can remove some bars from the center.
    I'm headin' for the JD Run and Ducktail this weekend. I should get some great ideas down there.
    Thanks again for the input. That chop sure looks nice. [​IMG]

27. beatnik

beatnik

You can't do that, you'll be different. What do you want stand out, you'll be a freak. [​IMG] LOL

I like the way it looks, go ahead and do it.

28. Donzie

Donzie

[ QUOTE ]
    You can't do that, you'll be different. What do you want stand out, you'll be a freak. [​IMG] LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, being different kinda runs in the family. But please don't call us freaks!

Attached Files:

29. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Donnie,
    It looks like your family tree doesn't have many branches [​IMG]

30. studeboy

studeboy

Rich, LMAO [​IMG] That is why I like hanging with you guys. Donzie I like the second pic the shape is just right. [​IMG] Have fun this weekend. Eric

===============================================

Hemi Powered 49 Studebaker P/U