Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Gilbert "Magu" Lujan, RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DrJ, Jul 25, 2011.

1. DrJ

DrJ

We lost a good friend, artist and "car guy" yesterday afternoon. :(
    He was a good and personal friend of mine for close to two decades and I will miss him, a lot.
    If you aren't familiar with Magu, turn to page 95 of your copy of "Kustom Kulture" (The Laguna Art Museum Catalog of the show by the same name) to see his "Family Car" or visit the permanent car oriented art exibit at and in the Red Line Rail Station at Hollywood & Vine St.
    See more about my late friend Magu here at his alternate reality site:
    http://magulandia.com/wp-comments-post.php
    http://magulandia.com/
    See you on the other side some day, my friend. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Yeah my friend Matt Gleason just posted it on FB: so sorry for your (and our) loss

"My favorite LA Subway Station is Hollywood and Vine. Gilbert Magu Lujan is the artist. He passed away from cancer Sunday afternoon. RIP". Matt Gleason

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  3. OLLIN

OLLIN

Oh man, no way. I was good friends with his son naiche, and he also helped me one time when i was in school. I interviewed him in his loft in pomona..

My condolences to the family, what a loss. A cool guy and great artist!

4. Beanout

Beanout
    from Cali

I met Magu through my wife who had curated a Chicano Art exhibit in Pomona that included some of his work. From that day forward, he never failed to greet me with a firm handshake and broad smile. I didn't know him well, but I felt that I had known him all my life. I'm sure that he is adorning heaven with his unique style right at this moment. We've lost a giant.

5. DrJ

DrJ