Register now to get rid of these ads!

GG Nationals @ Columbus .. Cars of the Year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Jul 11, 2010.

1. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They didn't call it a traditional Hot Rod or even just a Hot Rod. They called it a Street Rod and it's obviously a well-made one. Do I want it? No. Is my butt hurt because it won an award? Also no.

2. KIRK!

KIRK!

I think indoors that truck will do very well. We don't judge on points like ISCA, so the most modifications doesn't necessarily win.

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

The Ring Brothers Fairlane was VERY nice, as is everything they touch. There is a TON of stuff done to the winning Camaro that the casual observer would easily overlook because it flows very naturally.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I looked at someones photo post here covering that show. seems like there was an overabundance of overdone cars there. gotta wonder what's up with all the weird sculpted engine covers and air cleaners. I like the guys who put a big fancy cover over the motor, then open the hood so you can't see the motor.

guess they are spending a lot of money and keeping HOT ROD builders and parts suppliers employed so it's not all bad.

5. without a doubt, me too !

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yeah, I always remark about the irony in that approach. Pretty silly really.

7. hemi

hemi

I'm not a huge fan of the engine covers either, but the new LS motors with the valve cover mounted coil packs and EFI intakes with fuel rails and related wiring are pretty messy and unattractive in their stock form. It's a game to see who can tidy them up. Some are not as successful....

8. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

We stuck around late Saturday after the awards and heard the rumor the George Poteet had purchased the Ring Bro's fairlane?????????

Attached Files:

9. JamesG

JamesG

Why must people be so opinionated about others opinions?