Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gettysburg KOA show pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Here's another one that's absolutely amazing. Built by a gentleman named Dan Dennison, this one has had more surgery than Joan Rivers. Look it over and you'll keep on finding neat stuff. I've never seen a shoebox Ford that I liked any better and I really love these old cars. He had to slice and dice a set of '56 quarters to make them fit so nice. The roofline was created by using 3 separate roof sections. Ï really like how he sliced the crown out of the roof right above the windshield. The center console is one piece from the dash to the wrap-around rear! Check out the rear bumper, made from 3 different bumpers. (Can't remember what he said he used).
    This is another car that every time you walk around it you say "WOW!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  2. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Here's a car that was built by owner John Galante. A lot of neat subtle touches include dropping the rear bumper about 2 inches to allow the Caddy taillights to fit. The front bumper was also dropped about an inch. The front wheelwells have been re-radiused, as well as a ton of other neat stuff. The thing that really caught my eye on this car was the Eggplant color. I've sprayed it before, but NEVER as nice as he did on this car! The pics look ok, but it looks stunning in real life. The thing we try to capture when spraying this color is to have it look black when you're looking straight at it, yet have the "purple-ey" look when looking at an oblique angle and this car captures it perfectly! Kudos, John!

Attached Files:

3. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Here are some more that really look sweet. The '49 has flatty power and a real neat custom pearl finish. The man that owns it created his own pearl beige color and it works!

The '51 was another sweet one. I like the chop on it and the grille treatment looks exceptional to me.

The black one was sectioned about 2 inches. It's a shame it wasn't out on the field where it would've had a bit more exposure. Very neat car!

Attached Files:

4. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Here's something you don't see too often...2 Lincoln converts at the same show. The '39 Zephyr was unusual, too.

Attached Files:

5. teddyp

teddyp

i agree the paint was great on this car and very under stated the more you look at it the more you saw

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  6. teddyp

teddyp

i agree i went to the koa

7. Wizard

Wizard

I attended that show as a vendor in Biglerville, believe its Lead sled East. It was at the park. Nice place, but the show was a disaster I thought. I took a whole truck and trailer full of parts and there was hardley any attendance at all. Everyone wondering around saying they don't understand what happended and new organization took over, there are 2 other car shows going on nearby. Well, I think it was cause the new organization was charging to much. $35.00 for non member to park your car, and $7.00 for spectators to get in. There was nothing there! They had music playing and hired a band for the evening but thats all. Thought it was pretty pricey for people. Maybe drop the band, lower the fee's for cars and spectators and maybe next year will be better. Can't complain about vendors as it was free to sell parts. I was the biggest vendor there with parts and there was only about 8 other vendors. People packing up and leaving early. I packed it in by 2pm Sat and got out of there. It was the worst show I attended as a vender. Wasn't worth the time to me I thought.

Wizard

8. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

That shoebox is pretty cool, and the owner is even cooler! I met him like 4 or 5 years ago since he had some stuff for sale that I needed. Cut me a deal on it just cuz I had a shoebox as well! Pink interior with an Olds dash. Awesome! He always parks it in the same spot too, right next to Stan and behind Frank and Carol. Now regretting my decision last wknd...

9. teddyp

teddyp

just afew more pictures

Attached Files: