Register now to get rid of these ads!

Getting moving on '28 tub project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spyder, Feb 25, 2007.

1. I have been inspired by other folks posting pic of their projects, and I thought it would get me motivated if I put in a few pics of mine. It's more low-buck than traditional, but I am enjoying it. I wanted to build a rod in 6 months for $3,000. It's 3 years later and I've spent about $3,000 ... in tools.

The car started as Tudor Cowl and 2 quarters. I had one door that was good enough to use as a pattern.

Attached Files:

2. This was my 1st serious project, and there are some things I would have done different.

The car has a 2x4 frame with a XJ6 front suspension, and a Mark VIII rear (it appears to be an 8.8 IRS). I'm in the middle of putting in coil-overs. The motor is 351W Police motor, with an AOD trans.

The body was cut down the middle and widened 3", the doors were suicided and streched 6". The quarters were shortened 7.5". I reshaped the radiator housing a bit, and put in a Mustang radiator.

I routered a piece of Aluminum plate for the dash. I think routering Aluminum is dumb. I will put in a wood insert maybe.

Attached Files:

3. 067chevy

067chevy

looking good. keep on it and post some progress pictures that will keep you inspired

4. 067chevy

067chevy

personally I'd dump the fenders though

5. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Shoot yeah, progress is progress right!!!!

6. Wild_47

Wild_47

Sounds like a lot of custom touches on this car. Cant wait to see more pics as it progresses.

7. Here is w/o fenders. Jag front suspension was bugly.

Attached Files:

8. Ouch! Keep the fenders.

9. The aluminum dash looks good. Wood is for melting aluminum for casting. And BBQing.

10. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I like the aluminum as well. But if you get rid of it let me know, my old man was talking about some odd aluminum dash idea he had for his t-bucket. Maybe this would fit the bill....