Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Getting gauge's refurbished?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indianbullet, Dec 3, 2019.

1. indianbullet

indianbullet
    from Ca

I posted this over on a Camaro forum and thought I'd see if I could get some input here as well.

I have a Tach that is in need of calibration, And I would like the console gauges gone through and calibrated. Possibly get the clock converted to quartz mechanism.
    I'm trying to avoid shipping them across the country.

I'm in Ca. many of the places I have looked up have lots of pissed off customer reviews. I'd like to not be one of those folks.

Anyway, any feedback greatly appreciated

2. jaracer

jaracer

I used Abbott Instrument Restoration in Tigard, OR. They aren't fast or cheap, but they do a very nice job. They do a lot of high end classic car gauges. (503) 246-1287

indianbullet likes this.
  3. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

It has been awhile but I have used Hollywood Speedometer with excellent results. On one car I had them put new faces on the gages after the the gages were refurbished. This involved silkscreening the faces and replacing the needles. On another car I had a working gage but I needed the face switched from black to white and then silkscreened with the correct numbers etc. I called them on Monday with my problem, sent the gage to them with "next day" delivery and I got the gage back on Thursday and had time to get it installed and the car ready for a car show in time on Saturday.

indianbullet and 5window like this.
  4. AHotRod

AHotRod

We have been using Auto Instruments http://www.autoinstruments.com/ for many, many years. They do good work, just be willing to wait, in other words, plan way ahead and don't be in a hurry.
    Glenn

5. indianbullet

indianbullet
    from Ca

Thanks much guys, I'll be making some ph calls.

6. 5window

5window

If you have to ship it at all, I'm not sure why it matters how far. Maybe 100 miles local gets shifted truck to truck multiple times while shipping it to the east coast is mostly done on one plane. Package the crap out of it and insure it well. Are your instruments non-replacable? I'd rather find a place that does good work than a place chosen because it is close. I suspect with good places, you'll need to wait a bit for your parts to return. Find out how long before you commit. Interesting,though. My Tamron telephoto camera lens has a six year warranty and is repaired in 3-4 business days and returned with free shipping. Just saying.

7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dino 64 likes this.
  8. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Williamson’s Instruments, great guy, does really nice work, don’t be in a hurry. Reasonable too.