Register now to get rid of these ads!

Getting back to the roots

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by eric s, Aug 29, 2015.

1. eric s

eric s

I suppose it's time for an introduction.

36 year old dude up in Spokane, Wa here. For the past decade I've been messing about in boats, building and modifying, scratch construction, blah blah blah. Most of which can be seen at stagboatworks.com (not a commercial site, just where I keep photos of my projects).

Most recently turned this:

[​IMG]

Into this:

[​IMG]

I come from a car background, messing around with my grandfather's 1918 T, 1930 5W A rumble coupe, and his 1938 Packard. Later there was a stint with a 1941 Chevy 2dr sedan that was more bondo than steel, and was sent along to a new owner who was more capable (I was young and un-tooled at the time).

[​IMG]

Grandfather died several years back, and the Model A moved in with me. The coupe will never turn into anything more than a daily driver in stock fashion. It will always be 'Grandpa's car', and really won't become more than a tribute to, and memory of, him.

[​IMG]

If I ever stumble into his favorite personal car, I will buy it and make things happen. Here's a photo, you can guess what it is:

[​IMG]

Nowadays, I'm back in the game after stumbling into a 1952 3600 AD Chevy pickup. We have a couple of businesses and will be using this truck as the supply hauler and a pop-up booth for farmer's markets and shows. 235, 4sp, and pretty solid cab corners given the hood patina.

[​IMG]

I've never really messed with the AD's, and will be scraping the rust off the car skills for a while. Looking forward to having access to more knowledge and open discussion around the HAMB. Been a member and a lurker, but now it's time to get active.

E