Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

Getting back after 14 years

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by kellym, Oct 15, 2006.

1. I purchased my 34 Pickup when I was 13 years old, spent three years with the help of Vern and Keith Tardel putting it together, drove it all through high school, then parked it in a barn when I went to college 14 years ago......I pulled it out this past weekend, time to re-build the right way now that I have a little money to spend.

I'm going to install a mild 302/c4 combination, 4" front drop, either a 9" or a QC rear axle located with a 4 bar setup and airride bags.

I'm in the process of tearing down to the frame so that I can box the frame and start from there.

I've been lurking for about a year, I thought I was going to start last year, but then winter came and I couldn't get my truck out of the barn.

Kelly M.
    SF Bay Area

2. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

Sounds like a good project! Got pictures..?

3. yes, where are the pictures?

4. Here's a photo about 1989 in Vern's garage

Attached Files:

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Wow, where did the time go? I've been tinkering away with my truck for the last 11 years? 2018 Goal - finish this project.

Over the past couple of years, I farmed out the rust repair on the cab to Chris at Saltflats speed shop, here's the work that he did. https://www.saltflatsspeedshop.com/1934-pickup-oyn2p
    I can't say enough about Chris and the work he did - the pictures speak for themselves

I'm still going with the 302, but switched to an AOD. I plan to run Holley's new fuel injection system.

I've got the firewall recess done and welded in, working on creating the floors and transmission tunnel, waiting for lokar shifter to arrive to finish the tunnel
    IMG_1732.jpg IMG_1734.jpg IMG_0217.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Welcome back. Love the truck.