Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects getting a pa title for 65 chevy tk. help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scott Lutz, Jun 9, 2016.

  1. Scott Lutz
    Joined: Oct 14, 2014
    Posts: 3

    Scott Lutz

    I know of a 65 chevy pick up. I was the first thing I learned to drive when I was 11. That was over 35 years ago when I helped at a junkyard/gas station. The problem is the truck was given to them 35 plus years ago and he doesn't think they ever got a title. It is sitting inside a garage and is easily restorable. I can get it on the cheap. The guy that gave it to them passed away years ago. Can I get a title for it from PA? I see about using Vermont. not sure what costs and time I'm looking at. Anyone have input that can help? Plus my 12 year old son is into old cars and trucks and heard the stories about this truck and would love a father son project.
  2. Best advice is to contact your Pa. Dept of Motor Vehicles and find out what you need to do to get a title......Lost title, bonded title whatever. Legit is the only way to go nowadays.
  3. If you know the guy that passed away you might be able to get a transfer from the person that handled the estate. If you don't know the guy is there a license plate that the DMV might be able to trace? Is there an old registration in the glove box or around the steering column?

    Charlie Stephens
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. peter schmidt
    Joined: Aug 26, 2007
    Posts: 657

    peter schmidt
    from maryland

    If it's at a junkyard/gas station just have them file for a mechanics or storage Lein and with that paperwork you should be able to get a title. A couple years ago I had a wrecked cab with a title I would of gave you for free.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.