Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gettin' Rid of the "High Hat"...Chopping the '51 Plymouth!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BloodyKnuckles, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Damn, I can't wait.
    BigO is doing damn fine finishing on my roof. I spent the day with him yesterday but stayed out of his way while he was heating, banging, clanging and grinding! I'm glad he's doing this for me. I know I will be proud when all is said and done, Mike should be also. Thanks Mike!!

BloodyKnuckles

2. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Damn I missed this post. I am very happy to hear that you are keeping it mopar. Now We just need to get some smaller rims on there. :)

3. mackster

mackster

Great look! I like it. I am glad Bloodyknuckles left the post straight...I think it looks factory direct and that is going to make it stand out more than the slant pillar....

4. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

5. BigO is busting his ass. It should be in primer soon. He's taking his time because he's metal finishing it...I'm a tough client!
    Keep up the good work Mike!

BloodyKnuckles

6. Where the hell are the pics of your chop. I gotta see it being that I have a '54 DeSoto.
    Let's see them!

BloodyKnuckles

7. mackster

mackster

well, the chop pictures are in my old computer, it crash long ago, I have to salvage what I can someday... I can take some recent pictures, later.
    BTW I have not found any other desoto chop on the web, as far as I can google, so don't get any ideas on chopping yours!:eek: LOL:D

8. poorboy

poorboy

looks killer!

9. A couple of update shots of the '51. I suggested to Bloodyknuckles that I round the door corners and here they are. Sorry its taken so long to do this car, but I'm trying to open my new shop at the same time, and thats not easy. More to come soon. Later :D

Attached Files:

10. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Good call on the rounded door corners.

11. Thanks, this is what the factory should have done.

12. I love it. Definately the right touch. Thanks for thinking of it. Looks killer!!!

BloodyKnuckles

13. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

so, whats da word beotch? lets see her!

14. Ron - What kind of scallops are you putting on the roof? Flaked? Maybe some Sclames? - thats a flame and a scallop.

15. Heres the most recent;

[​IMG]

I've got the front and rear windows in and the tailights on.

More pics tomorrow.

BloodyKnuckles

T.L. and 340HilbornDuster like this.
  16. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow, that's pretty slick!

17. coming along very nice man! now get those new pics up.

18. SecNiner

SecNiner
    from Montreal

Wow, really Great looking, this thread's been a pleasure to follow

19. 'Mo

'Mo

The chop is perfect in every way. It looks like it came that way from the factory.
    Are you going to use the side trim from your earlier thread? It completely
    transforms the look. Do you foresee any difficulties in adapting it? Thanks.

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

21. Thanks.

I do plan on using the trim. It should be pretty staight forward. It probably won't happen for a few months.

Thanks again.

BloodyKnuckles

22. looks real good man! are you going to be able to put the stainless around the windsheild?

23. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

That looks excellent! I've got the same in a 4 door. I'm planning to remove the top completely and chop the windshield 3 or 4 inches. Then I will make a removable Carson top. I haven't decided if I want to leave it a 4 door or convert it over to 2. Going to run 40 Ford chevron taillights (I know, cliche, but I don't care) and do some cutting on the bumpers so they sit closer to the body. Have to get the damn thing running first though. The exhaust manifold which is cracked through-and through is still stuck on the block...(BTW, this is my first car). I'm so excited to see that other people have the vision to see the potential in these cars! I got so much grief when I bought this. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the finished product.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

24. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

Oops! Tried to post a picture, but no dice. Sorry kids, I'm not tech savvy.

25. The Plymouth looks awesome!

26. WICKED:cool:!!!!
    It looks like it was done by one of the masters when the car was new.
    Can't wait to see it in person.

27. Hey man, just an idea after staring at these pics of your beutiful ride for a while....how would it look if you removed the 3 verticle grill bars and left the horizontle main bar?
    I'm thinking it would give it a "floating" grill look and make it look lower and wider from the front.
    I'm sure someone can photoshop it.
    Just a thought.

28. I have seen that before and I have considered it. It would require a bit of work as there is a hole and a squared off edge under those teeth.

Thanks for bringing it back up. I may just pull it apart and look at it.

BloodyKnuckles