Register now to get rid of these ads!

Get ready, King Of Trucks is coming...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Oct 1, 2009.

1. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I still think you should sell the chrome steelie idea and run '53 Cadillac wheel covers but the chrome wheels will look good too.

3. OK.....That leaves red and purple. Hmmmmm.....I vote purple....BIG metal flake purple! Then add Watson Stripes!

4. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Terd!!!!

Fuck Yes!!! Love it man!

~Berto

5. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks a ton! I'm trying hard, though it always seems progress is too slow, lol.

Thanks!

I don't disagree. Ryan's hubcap thread has me thinking. I get distracted too easily, need to stick to my vision, hahaha!

Hahaha, you're on the right track. Think gayer shade of purple. Hahaha! Sounds like Paul Simon's hazy shade of winter. Lamentation of time running out, the seasons of life, but with fruity colors.:D

Thanks Roberto! Hope your truck is doing fine. I'm sure your boy is loving riding in it!

6. BBBBBBBBBBBBBB! Dude, you lost me at Paul Simon! :confused::p

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I feel like Wheel covers would set your truck apart. I mean how many guys are running them on trucks now a days? Couple that with the fact that '53 Merc caps are amongst the raddest and Bam!! That's fucking regal!!! Couple that with the light shade of grapevine and you truly have the king of trucks!!!

Some shades....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me ask you this, are you still going to run a Cadillac? Or are we sticking with the 261 aka Two Terdy Five as Del calls it.

8. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Looks great, good job

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Lavender Not Poo...
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

That's pretty close to what is in my head. Here's a shade I really dig...

[​IMG]

Jones St. likes this.
  11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You're welcome asshole.

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

And that color is even gayer then I had imagined you go.

13. More like the "Queen of Trucks"! :D

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. I didn't say "Princess of Trucks"! That one needs a "My Little Pony" or "Hello Kitty" painted on the cowl!

16. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

ha!!!

17. 57 3100

57 3100

WOW. that lowered front end makes the truck now..... sweet.

leonard

18. froghawk

froghawk

What a neat truck! Love the stance and the way that exhaust crisply follows the step plate.

19. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Sorry, thanks! I do appreciate the work. It is kind of a fruity color but I really like it.

And I'm ashamed to admit, I kind of like the pink one too, hahaha!

Thanks Leonard! I love it, I finally get to see in person what was in my head.

Thanks frog! That exhaust was an old set of mini lake pipes a buddy had hanging in his garage for forty years. They fit so nice and look so good, I just had to use them. I originally planned and mocked up a belly burner type exhaust. But when my buddy showed me the kickstand pipes, I could not resist.

My little pony? Now wait just a minute...:D

20. hotdamn

hotdamn

terd seriously,
    I know JJ is busting your balls here but what about a really heavy pink pearl?

one of the pinks thats almost purple?

think about it, pink is the new blue!!!

seriously though, engine painted to match with that chrome trans and the engine all blanged out, pearl white interior.

damn sexy.

21. hotdamn

hotdamn

also, your welcome homey! thanks for the props:)

22. cycomofo

cycomofo

Looks awesome Terd!!.. now I want a What-a-burger for some reason

23. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I appreciate you and all the help! I do kind of like the idea of a pink pearl too. Part of my problem is that I like too many colors, haha! And PBRme said the chrome trans is not gonna be for sale. But seriously, thanks again!

Thanks Kenny! Womerns with mustaches and Cherry lemon sun drop. What else could a man want?

24. 57 3100

57 3100

terd, and updates on the king ?
    how's it driving with the new lowered stance ?
    any luck on a caddy motor ?
    take care.

leonard

25. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Leonard, it rides a lot better now. The front no longer hits the frame on big bumps. Steering is much easier since the front end is all refreshed and greased up. Turns out the toe was much closer than we thought. I took it to the alignment shop and it was .1" toe in. No additional adjustments were needed.

The only issue since the install is that one of the tie rod ends is a little too close to the tire. It rubbed it's own clearance. Tires on there now are big H78x15's. With some proper sized tires (like 6.70's), that shouldn't be a problem in the future.

My parents are on their yearly rv trip out west. I've got somebody trying to find me some decent doors in CA for them to bring back. If not, next up is fixing the rust in my doors. Also, a couple of spots on the front bottoms of the rear fenders need some rust repair.

The guy with the caddy engine wouldn't return calls or emails when I wanted to go pick it up. He put it on ebay a couple of weeks later and got $200 more than the price he was asking here that I agreed to buy it for. I've still got a pile of cash, but runner Cad engines aren't exactly growing on trees, lol.

26. 57 3100

57 3100

very cool man, glad to hear it. i wonder how yours dont hit but mine does on big bumps, being we have the same setup ? maybe your leafs are a bit stronger than mine...

yea, i forget the size tires i originally had when i installed the dropped axle in mine, still using the 6 lug fronts, but i had the same problem. once i went with the new wheels and tires and front disc setup i have plenty of clearance now.

sweet.... i will search the local craigslist down here in south florida and if i see anything i will forward it to you.

bummer. i hate when people dont respond back like that. maybe something better will come along.
    take care man, and stay warm. i hear its cold up there tonight..... gonna be like 38* down here.... this is suppose to be the sunshine state..... i dont like it any colder than 70*. LOL.

leonard

27. kingofknights

kingofknights

love the truck man! it sits perfect. glad you lowered it the old school way and didnt cut it up and use bags. heres a pic of my 56, 2 inch shackles in the rear with mono's soon to come

Attached Files: