Register now to get rid of these ads!

Get out your 50's mags $$$

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratty_aussie, Jul 16, 2012.

1. I've been at this for a good 6 months now and have found a bunch of info but no photos yet. This is where you guys come in. I know this was used in the 50's at Bonneville and possibly el marage and was very successful. I've been wanting to build a tribute car solely based off this intake. Crazy i know.........

I'm willing to offer $100US paid via paypal for anyone with a decent photo of this intake in a car. Please don't try photochop it in. This is not a scam or anything I'm just amazed with the history I already know.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  2. 117harv

117harv

I have a few mags i will look. Fixed the pic, my neck hurts;)

Attached Files:

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've got the fisrt 10 or so years of Hot Rod and will look. What make intake is it? Bob

4. Believe it to be a Multi apparently 1 of 5 known to exist. The names covered up as it's between the 2nd and 3rd carb by the fuel injection valve. The 94's have all be gutted.

5. 2935ford

2935ford

If it is a Multi heres a pic or two.

Attached Files:

6. Stumbled across these pics before but thanks for sharing. Is it your intake? Do you know much about Multi's?

7. 2935ford

2935ford

No, wish it were.
    There is currently one offered on epay right now.

8. Yeah I've been talking to him a fair bit. Super nice and helpful guy, but no pics.

9. Yeah I've been talking to him a fair bit lately. Super nice and helpful guy, but no pics.

10. Justin B

Justin B

Did the intake come from the
    San Diego area? Looks like one a guy hauled to the big 3 swap for several years. if its the one I'm thinking of Joaquin Arnett of the bean bandits had something to do with it. 8-10 years ago during a bs session with Joaquin at the swap he mentioned a guy had one of his old converted fuel injection intakes for sale. Being broke and dumb I didn't buy it, know one else did either for at least a few years. The guy always set up at the swap by the Qualcomm sign in an old Toyota? Truck/ rv deal. Don't think the guy that had it had any idea that Joaquin might have built it.
    Not sure if it was on one of the bandits cars or something he built for someone else, or it might be a completely different intake

11. The guy I brought it off is in Hemlock MI, where's MI? Minnesota? He is an older gentleman that did use it as an advertising sign at lots if swap meets for many year, about a decade I think.

12. Who is Joaquin Arnett?

Thanks

13. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I have seen that one several times. The guy in Hemlock, Michigan is "Aluminum_man" on Ebay. He's always got wacky stuff, mostly intakes. I've gotten some rare MEL 8x2's from him. I remember seeing that one several times from him but never knew the story on it. I'm surprised he didn't know.

14. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Joaquin Arnett was one of the most famous rodders ever to come out of SoCal and I think is one of the Original "Bean Bandits" that have run on the lakes forever. Here's a little tidbit on the man himself.
    http://beanbanditssandiego.blogspot.com/

15. I was watching it for ages and one day i said to myself, "just buy it or else youll regret it". So i did. I have been racking his brains for ages trying to learn as much as possible. I know a little now, but not enough or no photos. The closest ive got is it was in a roadster.......

16. Fond this on some old Bonneville footage, too bad IRS a hemi.

Similar air scoop.

Attached Files:

17. Bump

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

18. $100 is still up for grabs!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad