Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Get a Rodder’s Journal for $5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRJ, Jun 3, 2014.

1. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

So this is the deal. In the course of a conversation with Ryan the other day I hit upon an idea. In an effort to insure that as many of you as possible have had the opportunity to read The Rodder’s Journal we are making a one-time offer exclusively for HAMB members.

Send us $5 bucks and we’ll send you a copy of The Rodder’s Journal in the mail. Not a digital copy, a real magazine. This is a $20 value. This offer is available for a limited time. The $5 really only covers the cost of shipping and handling.

To get your $5 issue of TRJ simply go to
    http://www.roddersjournal.com/shop/back-issues-special-hamb-offer/
    and enter the coupon code HAMB at checkout. And, although we cannot guarantee it, you can request the back issue of your choice in the notes section and we will do our best to fulfill it.

View attachment 2633960

To give you a little more background, this year marks the 20th anniversary of The Rodder’s Journal. Our publishing model is a bit of a hybrid. We offer a unique blend of early hot rods, classic customs, vintage drag racing, the best newly-built traditional cars, and the rich personalities behind one of the world’s most unique and passionate pursuits. It is produced with the production values, paper quality, and heft of a hardbound book. We believe this is print publishing for the modern world, placing emphasis on quality and content–with the understanding that it comes at a price slightly higher than you might pay for a typical magazine.

Our goal is to introduce the magazine to those of you who haven’t yet picked up a copy. And to thank those of you who have supported The Rodder’s Journal over the last two decades.

- Steve Coonan
    The Rodder’s Journal

Attached Files:

patmanta likes this.
  2. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Wow, I went to the site and it says it has already reached it's limit for HAMB specials after only 5 minutes after posting.

3. 5window

5window

Hmm. then it also wanted to charge me $4.20 more for shipping.

4. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Hi guys,

We did have one small glitch with the coupon at checkout, but it has been resolved. You do need to add the HAMB coupon at checkout to get the FREE SHIPPING discount.

Refresh your browser, try again and let us know how you go.

Thanks,
    TRJ

5. Just worked for me. Must have restocked on HAMB copies....

6. oh well, the 5.00 offer just cost 9.20, but whose counting? Maybe my issue will be twice as good!
    -Pat

7. But the free shipping didn't work. Oh well, still a killer deal.

8. HunterYJ

HunterYJ
    from Buda Texas

Way to go TRJ!
    I am a long time subscriber. Beautiful layouts to get your heart pumping, but the detailed articles sharing the history and the story are the real draw. It is the only book my late father would read all the way through.

9. This thing is nuts,I type in everything it ask for and I get this..WTF? HRP

Sorry, shipping is unavailable to the United States (US). If you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangements please contact us.

10. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Tried again and got the message: HAMB Coupon Limit Reached

11. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

I just got banged the extra shipping too - the first time I tried it said HAMB offer maxed out - when I re-entered the code (and it accepted it) it charged me 9.20......oh well

12. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Hmmm, not sure what's happening here, but we're working on it. Hope to have it fixed in the next few minutes, I'll post after I have placed a test.

Thanks for your patience guys, we're trying to do a good thing here.

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Still worth it at $9.20, but worked for $5. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  14. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Worked out a couple of problems that should make this easier. This offer is available by phone as well. You can call our office between 9am and 6pm Pacific Daylight Time at 1(800) 750-9550, within the United States.

15. 2nd. try..I get the same message,I give up!!!!!...,I'll call tomorrow. HRP

Sorry, shipping is unavailable to the United States (US). If you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangements please contact us.

16. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Also, this offer is limited to one magazine per customer.

17. It's a good thing you're doing @TRJ. Your magazine is the best out there. I can't always afford to buy magazines but when I do TRJ is the one I buy (when I can find it locally. Not always easy to do in a small town in Victoria. And the aussie distributors want to charge stupid money for delivery)

sent via classroom note. pass it on

18. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Hooray! It worked this time. Thanks for the great offer!

19. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem HRP. Call us tomorrow and we'll send you a magazine.

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

HRP, did South Carolina secede? :D

Hookedtrout likes this.
  21. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Worked great for me Thanks for the offer.

22. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

23. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

We are also going to make a similar deal for International HAMBers. The cost will be $10.00 USD, which again will just really cover the shipping and handling. The promo code is HAMBINT. International HAMBers can also call us if they would like. We can be reached toll free from Canada at (877) 479-2627. The direct line for all other countries is (650) 246-8920. You can also email us at customer [email protected].

24. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

As a reader from the first issue to this day, nothing comes close to the value the Rodder's Journal offers those who really appreciate traditional Hot Rodding!
    This is not a magazine but what I refer to as a periodical that you can look forward to four times a year.
    Cheers to Steve for making this generous offer to his fellow Hambers!
    KK

25. pila38

pila38

Worked perfectly for me. Thanks TRJ.

26. Great idea. Got one on the way. Will probably lead to a subscription and I know my buddy will appreciate me not knurling the pages of his.

27. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Ok, this isn't going as smoothly as we had hoped. We would like to think we are a lot better at doing the magazine than we are at doing these promotions on the fly. If you get charged $9.20 by mistake we will send you two sample occupies of TRJ. Also, the link to our customer service email didn't appear as we intended, so here is the new link...

[email protected]

Thanks,
    TRJ

28. Fred,On December 20, 1860 South Carolina was the first Southern state to secede from the union,,heck we might have done it again, but I didn't get the memo! :) HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  29. It worked for me and Alabama seceded also... but we came back.:)

30. CaliDreamin'

CaliDreamin'

Cool deal. I'll order tomorrow.

"Insert Epic Quote Here"