Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage George Ray's Wildcat Drag Strip Trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DuckusCrapus, Sep 10, 2008.

1. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Didn't know if mnay here would be interested in this, but I thought I would extend the invitation. And yes....I know the notice is a little short as well.

A few of us are heading out to George Ray's to race on September 28th. We will be leaving the Tulsa, Ok area on the morning of the 27th and you are welcome to caravan with us. Most of us have gassers but you are welcome to bring whatever.

If you are interested in hooking up with us, post, PM, e-mail and I can fill you in on further details.

DuckusCrapus

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Joe Elmore's mommy wouldn't let him go to Ray's place-too dangerous

3. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Yeah I have heard it is a rough track. But I bet after George is gone is will be a mall parking lot. I just have to say I did it.

DuckusCrapus

4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Did a search and it looks like you guys will have fun. Be sure to post up some picks from the w/e.

5. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Sure thing. I am planning on burning up the camera. Probably never get a chance to go back.

DuckusCrapus

6. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

bttt

Still time to get in on this if you are interested.

DuckusCrapus

7. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

Glad I saw this I'm marking my Calendar. As of this moment I'll be there camera in hand. How many are coming in your group?

8. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Well....hard to say. We have been planning this for months and at the last minute there are several getting cold feet. As of today we have 5 cars in our convoy heading out there. Some Tri-5's, a blown Willys, and a late model Mustang.

Word is George isn't doing so well these days, I don't wanna miss out. We are thinking of running though the Southern part of MO to avoid all those hills and twists in Northern, AR. You are welcome to convoy with us. PM me if you are interested.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Paragould. If you want a room there next to ours just say you are with "DuckusCrapus Racing" and they should book you with us.

I have a bunch of people interested, but won't commit. You know how that goes. LOL

DuckusCrapus

9. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

Thanks for the offer but I'm only an hour away in Southern Mo. I'll drive down that morning. I haven't raced in while just don't think it's in the cards to pull my buggy down there this year. I'm afraid of what will happen when George is gone. :confused:

10. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I'll kick this one back up to the top for Duck. I reallllllllllly want to go, but I'm thinking it isn't going to be in the cards for us right now.

I'm going to hope we can do this trip again next year.

11. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Seems to me that I saw Joe tooling down Joe Rays strip in a rental car a few years ago on Horsepower TV.
    Could be wrong for the first time,though.

12. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

I saw that. There was an issue of Hot Rod magazine years back with an altered wheel base MoPar doing a fire burnout at Ray's. The pics inside graced me with the image of the driver in a full fire suit sweeping rosin out on the track in front of the car...... From that moment on I have had the desire to go to this place. Big tracks aren't hard to find these days. It is the old last standing pioneer tracks that are becoming endangered.

....look...you got me ranting a little. LOL

This offer is open to anyone, so don't be shy! Might be one of the last chances to go.

DuckusCrapus

13. This place is awesome, if you get the slightest chance to go you must get there. I grew up in semo and been there, you'll be glad you went. If I didn't live so damn far away now you betch your ass I'd be in on this.

14. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

you wanting to caravan with us? Let me know.

DuckusCrapus

15. TRuss

TRuss

That Hot Rod issue (still have it somewhere) is where I first found out about this place. I don't mind saying that I don't know if I have the balls to go hauling down that "strip" in a gasser. I've always wanted to check it out though. And that TV show with Joe Elmore singing was damn near intolerable

16. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

One last bump. Weather is looking good. Should be a hoot.

DuckusCrapus