Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Geordie's junkyard pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boyd Who, May 5, 2009.

1. I would love to spend a day or two just to appreciate all that vintage tin....Be nice to give all this old tin a new home.....Awesome place to have a H.A.M.B. members only auction! Great pics, thanks for sharing.

2. El-Cid

El-Cid

Man, that would be a crying shame to rob parts off this panel truck as complete and intact as it is.

Funny, the first thing that made me think "I'd like to have that" was the VW truck too...

3. sonoramic

sonoramic
    from Maryland
    1. Maryland HAMBers

Yeah, that is nutz as it does look to be a Plymouth or a Fargo panel. I think there are about 10x as many hens teeth in the world as there are these trucks.

4. hotsilver

hotsilver
    from Florida

Happy to see yards like this are still around!!

5. Inquiring mind want to know: What's inside the Quonset hut?

6. firemancooter

firemancooter

HOLY CRAP!! I need that cool "LOVE" VW van. Ok maybe not, but there is alot of cool stuff there.

Attached Files:

• 6082.jpg
      6082.jpg
      File size:
      30.3 KB
      Views:
  7. Cool pics.Might be time to take a "vacation".:D

8. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Geordie has been a sign painter forever. You should have seen his stuff 20 years ago!

9. 16 Dodge Bros

16 Dodge Bros
    from MO

dosn't have a set of doors for my '16 Dodge roadster does he?

10. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Give me some time and I'll try to get prices on everything. I'm going to be working with Geordie to build him a decent website for selling this stuff. He's currently on Oldrides.com but has been having issues with them. I'll be able to provide better pics & descriptions eventually.

As for anyone wanting to make a trip out here to check the place out...let me know if you you're coming!

11. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

One of the main reasons that Geordie is so hard to get ahold of is that he travels all over doing his artwork. Window designs, graphics, etc. He did the artwork for my new business and it looks great! The man is quite talented.

Btw...that is one incredible Willys you have!

12. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

He still has the ambulance, you can barely see it in one of the pics.

This is not his main business, more like a hobby. It won't get crushed.

Hate to say it, but that's not a phaeton section, just a sedan with the roof cut off. :( I have no idea why it's marked as a phaeton.

13. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Thanks on the Willys. Tinmann & myself made a few trips up to Geordie's in our younger days. Always entertaining! Followed by a burger and fries at the old Drive Inn restaurant there. Now what was the name of that place?

14. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

The Agassiz Drive In! It's still there, the local club has a cruise night once a month during the summer there, too. Great food, good location.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  15. gotra66

gotra66

There is a place in my heart and garage for that A40 pickup. It would look nice next to my A40 sedan!

16. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I never again want to hear about somebody having a fiberglass body because there's no real tin left to buy. If you want a fiberglass body...that' fine...but don't use that EXCUSE! If I hear it, I'll show these pics!

17. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Don't jump for joy too soon. I just got some prices from Geordie and you may need to sit down. Nothing is going to be cheap, and he won't sell parts, just complete vehicles. :(

I'll be responding to all my PM's shortly.

18. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I wouldn't expect real tin to be too cheap...but then, those fiberglass bodies are pretty pricey, too.

19. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

ok, i've had to reload to many times, stupid dial-up! I thought I saw a couple of essex's in there. Any chance he would have a set of 29 sedan suicide doors. A customer has one and someone put some T doors on it. I can make em match, but if its cheaper to buy some and ship them, it'll save me alot of work and him a lot of labor$$!! pm me if he has some.

20. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Unfortunately he won't part anything out. Complete cars only. :(

21. 3windowford

3windowford
    from Edison NJ

22. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Alrighty, I have some prices for you guys. Hope you're sitting down. I''ll be curious to see what you have to say.

He's asking $1200 for that touring body. I don't know what the other side looks like.

That one is $1400, but be warned, the d/s rear corner of the body was squashed. I think he said that was a Whippet, not an Overland like it's marked.

COE is $1600.

He won't part anything out. :(

That VW is $2750.

The 2-piece grille he wants $500 for, and he has a spare w/s frame for $250. He won't part out anything that's even remotely complete.

He has a complete cowl w/doors, seat section, and windshield posts for $800.

The Prefects are $2000 each. He has a '48 and a '50.

Sorry, nothing like that in the pile.

23. tinmann

tinmann

My '32 5w body came from Geordie...... $1800 in 1989 dollars. Entertaining???? Well sorta...... From my dealings and other stories I've heard over the years, you've got to approach any deal with both eyes open, in-person, and cash in hand. But other than that, it's easy.

24. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Well I was trying to be polite! Thinking back that Drive Inn food was good.

25. tinmann

tinmann

Ooooops, .......ummmm....... yup, the drive inn food was good.

26. Marcy

Marcy

He has most of those priced for less on his Oldride.com page
    $750 and $900 for the tubs, $2500 for the VW pickup with a spare parts pick-up.
    Like Tinmann said the only way to buy is in person with cash in hand.

Marcy

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  27. krome

krome

i see a 46 chevy aerosedan - how much for that?

28. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I don't understand how he manages to do that and expect people not to notice. His prices vary by the hour and his mood, it seems. No wonder he doesn't move much of it. :(

29. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I'll ask next time I see him.