Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gennie shifter going out of buisiness?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tulfabrication, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue63

Rogue63
    from New York

It will be a definate loss to industry,Had used them in my 35 ,38 and 41.In my nova went with lokar.Was very happy with gennie.

2. Ghost28

Ghost28

A couple of friends just got there shifters finally. When they went to streamline to pick them up, the floor was scattered with new gennie product ready for shipping. I've got to say they are not my favorite place to do business with but it sounds like they are getting it done.

So well see and wish them the best.

3. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

<ouch!> I don't know you, but no loss on my part Mr. High-n-fukin mighty

4. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Most people are unaware of vendor booth prices, I have been out of the "business" for 5+ years but $600.00 per 10' x 10' piece of landscape was not unheard of. It took a lot of sales to break even and still smile. I miss the people and the enviornment but not the BS.

5. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

I dont know anything about them bussiness wise.
    They were always a little slow to deliver. But so was the original manufactuer.
    Hands down the best traditional shifter out thier.
    Lokar makes alot of awsome products, but thier shifters are a pain to deal with. Alot of mixed customer reviews.
    So I hope gennie stays around one way or another.

6. C-cab dreamer

C-cab dreamer

Well, having spent some considerable time reading this whole thread, much of it mudslinging, much of it appearing to be less than factual, and a small amount of it with polite and informative posts, it would appear that Gennie has started up production again.

Since I know nothing of the in-house financial operations, I can hardly make an intelligent comment about that.

But their original products in the form of e-brake and floor shifter - which I bought from a Canadian dealer years ago - were excellent, very smooth, and not overly priced. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

It does appear that they have had supply troubles, money troubles, and certainly PR troubles. All of which will need to be addressed by someone who understands who their customer base is. Never mind the bottom line for a little while. Get a good product out there at a fair price and they should re-gain their market share. If they don't do that, it's going to be a very long climb back up again.

7. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

I just installed my first one this week on a customers car and i must say i like it.It had to be the closest bolt on claimed product i have ran across in a long time.Getting it was a little bit of a chore but then again what isnt these days.I will use them again if the opertunity presents itself.

8. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

So this thread has been going on for six months with rumors of "in business" or "out of business" and "not shipping" as well as "starting up production" again. So which is it? Help me out with a bottom line...

Are they:

In biz or out of biz?
    Shipping or not?
    Can I get the product--today --or not?

Excuse me if I'm being rude but we need three "yes" answers for this quiz to work.

9. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I think they have an excellent product, and I don't like lokar with the gay ass push botton in the middle thats full of plastic parts inside that break after you use it for a while. It is the only after market product I use on any of my cars and hopefully their product will continue to be available for a while.

10. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I just had to track down a 23" swan for a 700r on ebay, no one else had one.

11. Dustmite Dragster

Dustmite Dragster

I thought I should let you all know I have ordered from Gennie a couple Times in the last month and they have been honest with me! They are running behind and parts are going out! I have ordered two shifters and some knobs, some e-brake cables etc and i have got all of them. It took a few weeks but i did receive them. They are months out on e-brake handles but shifters they can and will build!

There are no more Ultra or Tail mounts. Only Lo-Stik's so you have to order multiple part numbers to get the shifter, but that's ok as long as they keep em coming.

Ive got another order going in next week so if you need something give us a Call

This is Sean at Minnesota Hot Rod Hardware our number is 507-527-1020

12. Maybe you should do an intro here and actually put something on your profile page so that people have a clue as to who you are and why you are ranting against Gennie. Read this and you will see that it is not only the polite thing to do but required as well.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

13. It's not Gennie we're asking you to "be polite" to. It's the rest of us, who don't particularly like someone we don't know anything about coming on here mouthing off without any background. I have never had a Gennie shifter, don't know anything about them or their employees, but you come across like an ass-hat. Do yourself a favor and do the intro, play by the rules. Otherwise, you'll probably get bounced. Your choice.

14. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Maybe retained and informed legal counsel would do better than a hot rod forum,satisfaction-wise?
    Best of luck.

15. Baggs

Baggs

hey sean! i didnt know you were on the hamb, this is Jason who called you on the gennie stuff just this last week. I will be putting an order in with you most likely on tue!!

Jason

16. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

The corporate greed monster again rear's its ugly head.

The America our fore fathers fought for and Car 54, WHERE ARE YOU !

17. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

If the lawyers are interested in you, trust me, they already know who you are. Posting on a public forum and ranting is a sure way to document both good and bad stuf. JMO Stu

18. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

do you realy beleave in your heart todd wanted it to go down like this? i doubt it. stand in his shoes for a minute!

amen

bottom line is for all the na sayers FUCK OFF!
    i raly hope gennie pulls threw this!!!!
    woulnt want to run any thing else in my car!!!!

19. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I am a firm believer in "if you dont take care of your people, they wont be there to take care of you"..and that also goes for the customer.
    if a company acts blind and deaf to its cutomers, they will jump ship
    and in this day and age of economics it sounds like their actions were suicide

it's a dam shame

22. Holy shit!
    Isn't time to close this thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.