Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gennie shifter going out of buisiness?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tulfabrication, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

It's "Amateur". Armatures rotate inside electric motors! ;)

2. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

well it seems to me lokar stole there design from gennie,,,altho i have a lokrap shifter the gennie seems to work smoother,,and gennie had some kool products,,

sounds like another vitcum of greed,,,

3. Aren't/weren't they all owned by the same person/people at one time?

People bitch about Lokar but at least they are made in the USA (actually about 2 minutes up the road from me).

JH

4. I hope the Gennie shifter I still have in the box is defect free. Bummer, Ive heard nothing but good about their products. Wont be the first company go down with good products and bad management.

5. colorado51

colorado51

I know, i know! Hey it was early!:p

6. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Still are(at the moment)

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

90% of the people who bitch about Lokars , just dont know how to set them up or read the directions..I own 2 of their shifters and havent had a single complaint.

I have posted on here mutiple times that if anyone was so disgusted with their Lokars that they would throw them in the trash to send them to me...guess what over 3 years since i said it the first time, i still havent gotten one sent to me..so what does that tell ya:rolleyes:

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Word!

9. Thanks VRF, sorry now I deleted my post. Thank you.:D I didn't want to come off as giving the gentleman from Tenn. a attitude, I am not like that, thanks.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It's funny how these people bought up good companies and ruined them. Vintage Auto Parts was bought. Gennie was bought. They had good people that they fucked over. Steve and Eric come to mind. It sucks. Hopefully someone decent will be bale to take what's left and do something with it.

11. RadioFlyer

RadioFlyer

That you need to pony up shipping... :p

Alex.
    (No beefs with Lokar here).

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

seems like alot of this happens lately..someone with more money than brains buys something they dont even have a clue how to run it.
    and eventually it goes down the tubes.

leaving the "real heart of the company" behind in their dust.

corperate wanabees.

I hope the tallent in that company has the where with all to bring it back..or at least try to strikeout on their own.

9Xout of 10..those Corp bastards just want the short term gains..and than they bail

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Doh!:D

Well to be honest.. I havent even had one offer..I would have agreed to pay shipping..No problemo:cool:

sometimes i think it just comes down to ...some people just want to have something to bitch about, or they finally realize it was how they installed it, and some kid next door shows them the error of their ways:D

because these things arent rocket sergery

or they have that "confidence deal" going on where they dont need no stinking directions

14. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

This news doesn't surprise me either. In a way it almost makes me feel better about the $200 Streamline screwed me out of last year.

Karma has a way of coming back to bite you if you operate the way they do.

15. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I never heard of Vintage Parts until recently, with their ads in Rod and Custom. Their ads look cheap and remarkably similar to the Hoffman Group's ads.

16. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Speedy Bill is probably already down there with an offer for the whole works!

17. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

You just made me spew coffee all over my keyboard:D!

18. That is the Hoffman Group not Vintage Autoparts in Denveru

19. colorado51

colorado51

Not 100% sure, but didn't Streamline buy & move Vintage Autoparts and Eric from Washington to Denver quite a few years ago?

20. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

yep....

the Hoffman Group thing is http://www.vintagereproductionparts.com/ totally different than VAP though.

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Karma? KARMA?? Fuck karma. Fuck luck and fate and all that bullshit. YOU make what happens happen, not some mythical force that's worried about the poor victims. If these guys suck at what they do then bad things happen. If there was karma I'd be able to buy every fuckin hotrod on this board with all the "good fortune" I've earned over the years. It's bullshit. It's a way to pacify what really is a sad and stupid way of running a buisness. Don't ever "mother fuck" one of your customers, right? WRONG!! I had to a couple times. One of em is one of the best friends I could ever hope for. The other one got what he needed and I got what I needed. Sorry if my harsh reality seems offensive, and if it does then you're probably not in control of your own future. That's not an insult or a degradating slam, just the cold harsh reality of things.

If the mangement at Gennie is bunch of profit sucking greedy corporate types then they caused the problem. If their operation is too large to sustain a fading or slow market and changes weren't made to stay afloat, they caused the problem. If people quit buying because they were simply done with you after the sale, they caused the problem. Karma my fuckin ass...

Wow, I feel better now. Carry on kids.

22. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yeah..no shit on the Karma deal..
    Im owed so dam much good Karma , and know somany that earned so dam much bad Karma and it never comes..
    Its a total Bullshit line, just to make you feel good about getting fucked over.

right on J

23. chevymike

chevymike

Man that is going to suck. Nothing wrong with Lokar but I don't care for the push button (or lever with the adapter kit) type shifter. My buddy had one and though it worked fine, sometimes it was hard to tell what gear you were in, if it was dark or in a hurry. I haven't used a Gennie shifter but based on comment, they seemed like a nice way to go. The gates seemed like they would be easier to feel what gear you are selecting.

Oh well, like said above, many good companies have been ruined by management. Even our "Big 3" haven't been immune to this. :(

24. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

25. sawzall

sawzall

if you listened to the podcast you would realize that gennie shifter is basically screwing their employees.

How would you like to receive a paycheck that wasn't any good? how about 8? how would you like to be owed 8 grand in salary?

and why would you support a company that did this?

the current owner thought gennie shifter was a golden oppertunity when he answered an ad in the back of hemmings motor news.

he missed the liabilities.

26. LOL you're funny man.:D

27. eddie1

eddie1

I have no problem with the Lokars products. I have a HUGE issue with what passes as customer service from them.

28. drchopper

drchopper

you were talking about paychecks not being paid , that is not their big problem it qill be when the IRS comes knockin on their door about not paying taxes and not putting pretax monies in the employees 401k's . they are going to get f%^&CKED by an 800 lb Gorilla !!!!

29. prost34

prost34

wow,they had a nice set up at sema,new products,a few celebs sighning autographs,etc.,,i like the shifter better than lokar,,,but if you try to get any answers or orders your out of luck,customer service does suck bad,,,

30. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

My be time to head to the wrecking yards and grab some '65 Mustang floor shifters. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.