Register now to get rid of these ads!

Generator relocation info needed for a Nailhead....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bradberry00, Aug 4, 2004.

1. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

so what is the common way to relocate the generator on a nailhead 264 so it can clear a set of headers?????

what parts do you need to scrape up and or make...do you need to use a different generator???

ive seen them mounted kinda up above the intake...

pics and info would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance....

2. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

bttt because its tech week....

i know it is a dumb question....but obviously i dont know the answer...so i thought i would ask the almighty hamb

oh by the way ill be running multiple carbs more than likely so it will need to clear them as well.....

3. Are you good with a welder?
    The most important thing is to keep it in the same plane as the rest of the pulleys. Get some steel the same thickness as your current bracket (Assuming you have one), Mock it up using wood blocks to set the spacing (Like making engine mounts) then make templates from cardboard. Make sure you support the ass of that thing. They can get to bouncing and throw a belt. Not real good for the bearing either.
    Clear as mud right?
    It shouldn't be too bad.
    What's this going in?
    No room to have it over the header, outside the valve cover?

4. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

there would be room over the header and outside the valve cover, the original bracket slaps it right next to the stock exhaust manifold....

i could fab something up but what should i bolt it to??? that is the main problem im facing....

the nailhead is going in my a roadster (coupe turned roadster) it is an ugly ass mutt right now but im hoping to make it pretty bad ass......and not in a unsafe "rat rod" kinda way more of a "late fifties early sixties hot rod that was taken to the shows on the weekends" kinda way