Register now to get rid of these ads!

Generator and oil lights?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod54chevy, Jun 15, 2014.

1. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

Guys, I have a 1954 Chevy 210 2 door sedan and I'm wanting to switch back to a generator. While doing my reading, I keep seeing that some models had a light for when the generator was charging as well as a light for the oil. I've semi restored and semi customized my dash and little stupid details like this are important to me for some reason. Did the 1954 Chevies have a light like this? If so, I can't seem to find a picture anywhere! Thanks in advance!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

I think the first year for oil and gen warning lights was '55 - see if you can find a picture of a stock '54 dash to confirm this

3. '54 Chevy Dash.. HRP

[​IMG]

4. squirrel

squirrel

Idiot lights started with the 55 model. I have them hooked up and working in my 55. If I had a 54, I'd be using the original gauges, most likely.

5. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I put the stockers back in, a few with modern replacement movements. Just wanted to make sure!

6. They went to idiot lights when they stopped putting in Ammeters.

7. worthop

worthop

I have a 12 volt generator that was in my '54 when I got it, it's for sale......

8. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

A 12 volt generator? Is the regulator with it? Do you know how many amps? Thanks, everyone!

It's primitive technology that is further compromised in the name of vanity.- HAMBer Cleatus