Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gene Winfield workshop Recap!!!!!. Top Ten Hotrods and Customs.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Sep 14, 2009.

1. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

WOW, What a thread. Car looks Un F', real. I gotta meet Gene someday

2. Frickin awsome Johnny!!!
    Did you wetsand and recoat one more time or have you done anything yet. That is one cool moe foe!!
    And I bet the pictures dont do justice to the eye popping candy and pearl. Wait till you see it under different lights. I love mercury vapour lights to make the candy and pearls pop! Thanks for posting these to keep the thread alive as alot of people are already watching the progress. Keep them coming.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I pray every night before I got to bed that I can have 1% of coolness that genes has at that age..

The car is BAD ASS ... the grille is wrong it needs chrome something.. but aside from that its bitchen..

4. Ya the grille bar needs a bit more flash I think the lobes will be chrome and the rest black Ill try a couple of things

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

What I think would be bad ass.. And this is just my opinion.. Ribbed pipe.. yup like
    exhaust pipe.. After going through 1000's of Barris photos There was a bunch of people
    making grills out of the pipe.. it looks killer,,, its cheap,, and it would fit your car perfect... The Cam look is kinda "Rat" and i would expect it on a Hot Rod but not a custom... I'm not trying to diss it.. I'm just being honest and its your car so you can
    tell me to got to hell :D I'm just looking at it from a historical view point... your car has been graced with the powers of Windfield .. its now a historic car!!!

Like I said either way it RULES!! and I wish it was in my garage :D

I'll try to dig up some pix of those grilles...

evel

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The Chevy rocks but honestly the camshaft grille is a total turn off for me.
    Gene is the master.

7. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Very cool coverage. Thanks!

8. Ah the great grille debate I love it ! Its definitley a love or hate it item. When I started buiding this thing it was going to be a rat, but it morphed into a much more finished car.Long story is the cam is welded in and cant be taken out, so its there plus I love it. Its like a hook in a pop song you may like it or not but makes you remember it.

9. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time. I wish i could have made it up, Oh well...Next time! Frankie you and your Pops (Gene) sure look great together in the paint booth...HAHAHA! Man i'm gonna have to get a fuckin passport!! Canada has to get a taste of the Dog!

10. Frank winfield !?!? Passport ! Dog you never been more than 25 miles
    outside east la ! ! ! You come up here dog people gonna love you big man ! You let me know , and we at
    top ten hotrods and customs , we gonna get the party started ! ! ! !

Attached Files:

11. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Sounds good to me, Let's do it Frankie! Cold Beer and East Indian food....I can just imagine what it will smell like in the morning after a night of partying!! HAHAHAHA!
    Light a box of matches!! :eek: :D

12. Hey dog.........we are gonna start on the chevy real soon !

Attached Files:

13. I picked up some pontiac side trim ! For the chevy

14. Out of all the cars in the big tent, the Chevy is one of my favorites, besides the Little boy.

15. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Sounds god to me! Can't wait. I also want to talk to you about my Rag Top....Call me when you get a chance or we'll talk when i see you in a couple of weeks.

No Mad Doggin! hahaha!