Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Gene Winfield tells the Complete History of the legendary "Pacifica" !

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jonnie King, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

[​IMG]GENE WINFIELD FIRST BUILT the "Pacifica" in 1962 when he was a member of the Ford Custom Car Caravan. He's now re-created this iconic '62 Ford Econoline Pick-Up with a body to match the original's, and an updated drivetrain.

In this late-night Interview at the 33rd Annual KKOA Lead Sled Spectacular in Salina, Kansas, Gene filled me in on the complete History of the "Pacifica" from 1962 to today ! (And, you'll never guess whose room me used to do the Interview in !!)

To check-it out, just Click-On-This-Link ...and, by the way, Gene's story about driving the "Pacifica" from Modesto, California to Portland, Oregon, is one of the best things you'll ever hear ! Enjoy !!

( NOTE: Above photo of the "Pacifica" Courtesy of my friend, Travis, at www.royboyproductions.com )

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Am I the only retard who keeps clicking the links, expecting an audio interview, but get nothing. How do I get it? Stu

3. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Stu...

Sorry if you had trouble. The link works fine. I always re-check 'em before I post a Thread...checked this one again just now. Just make sure you have Adobe Flash installed. Apple products sometimes have a problem, as well as iPhones, but with a regular PC, or with Active X, clicked on,or Adobe Flash installed, there should be no problem.

The Link takes you directly to the HOF Legends website where the Interview/Info is on a special page. Here's another direct link that will work, IF the criteria in the above paragraph are set:
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage191.html

Many thanks for letting me know.

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

4. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Johnnie:

I get to the site okay, however, I'm expecting an audio interview and that doesn't happen. One of my breakfast buddies mentioned the same problem a while back. I have Adobe, etc., but don't know how to hear the interview. Stu

5. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Stu...

So sorry you're having that problem. Not sure if it's in your "volume" chain, or, Internet Security system. It may also be something in your Internet browser, or, program access/tools/ section of your comp.

Further than that, I'm stumped too...as this only happens once in awhile, and, like when your car won't start, you just have to check all of the basics and see if you can find the root of the problem...and you seem to have tried your best.

Again, my apologies,

6. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Thank you. Oldbobsign has also had the same problems. Maybe he can chime in also. Stu

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

works fine for me - very Cool - Thanks

8. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Jalopy Joker...

Glad you got it okay ! Got some great emails over the weekend loving Gene's complete "back story" of how the Original build of the PACIFICA was done.

If you missed it last week take the time to listen to this history when you can:
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage191.html

Gene is THE BEST !!

9. spiders web

spiders web

Can't get it after three try's. Moving on to another thread.

10. I clicked on the link and music was on. Then the interview automatically came on. Its not a video.

11. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

To Tim...

About your eMail over the weekend:

Yes, the Interview was done late at night, it had been a long day, and, Gene's voice was a little hoarse..but he's a r-e-a-l trooper, and did it perfectly ! http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage191.html

Glad you got to enjoy it !!

NOTE: Depending on the age & condition of your comp., it may take a minute or so for the Audio to kick-in...but, hey, that sometimes happens to all of us as we get older !:D