Register now to get rid of these ads!

gene winfield school. anyone here gone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by glassguy, Apr 25, 2006.

1. glassguy

glassguy

i talked to gene yesterday he said the next school was in november. i was wonderin if any of you guys have gone to it? i know a little bit about customizing alraedy. i really want to have the blended paint explained to me. wich he doesnt generaly cover but he said he would next time if im going. :D

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

GaryC went and loved it.

3. tred

tred

hey glassguy, do you know the specifics?

price, dates, etc...

thank you.
    tred.

4. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

my brother went to the last one in mojave and had a blast, worth every penny!

5. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I was supposed to go this weekend but work interfered... : (

6. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

i went and it was a good class. i'm glad i was able to go and i would go again... that's where i met GaryC at.

7. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I have been.. It is pretty cool. That guy keeps a mean schedule at his age. Gene's fab skills are pretty insane..It was very informative. When I was there, Gene was talking about "maybe" getting a custom paint class organized. It would be a smaller class and a little more expensive.. If you ask him about it maybe it will happen down the road... EVILT

8. eric

eric

hey glass guy did gene offer the lesson on fade paint jobs to you only or would he teach the whole class? i'd be more than interested to see that myself. i can't paint at all but i'd love to see him do it and learn. how much does the class cost?

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

I went to his first one a few years ago. VERY COOL! The pace is pretty fast so be ready to take notes. He also doesn't mind you taking photos. I took a ton of both. It's a really neat experience that I want to do again.

10. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

mabye we could get him to do a special HAMB class that does both fab and paint. anyone got any good connections? I am definitely going to go to a class within the next year.

11. eric

eric

chevy girlrox, great idea! 2 for 1, take a gene winfield class and hangout with hambers

12. KIRK!

KIRK!

If we can get enough people I may be able to talk to him about it. We'd basically have to fill a whole class. That's about 20-30 people.

13. glassguy

glassguy

he said he would mail out all the info to me today.. prices exact dates etc.. i will scan and post it. thanks for all the replys. i pretty psyched about doin this, i cant wait to pic up some painting tips and see the west coast for the 1st time. anything good to see or do in or around mojave? i havnt looked at a map yet to see where it is!

14. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

im going to his class this weekend at his shop in Mojave

anyone else going?

Winfield's Rod & Custom Construction, 8201 Sierra Highway, Mojave, CA 93501, (661) 824-4728

i think its $300-350 for the weekend, and i know its going to be totally worth it

15. Eryk

Eryk

I live 20 minutes away from his shop and I've never gone. Lame.

I planning on going in November for sure.

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

Nothing! I'm serious, you'll see. His shop is literally in the middle of nowhere, as in you can see 20 miles in every direction and there's nothing but desert. It's cool! In town (if you can call it that), there is one little breakfast place that's good, but I can't remember the name.

17. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I went with low springs, lucky burton, lownslow, praisethelowered etc from the HAMB. Go. Go. Go. Go. Go. Go. Go. Go. You will not be disappointed.

18. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

me,50chevy,and bloodyknuckls,went last year in mojave and gene kicks ass he covered sooooo much material.its a must if you can swing it theres alot to see out side the class room as well.its like stepin back in time

19. Brewton

Brewton

I'm assuming he is demonstraiting on customers' cars - Or does he work on some of the class member's rides?

20. 50chevy

50chevy
    BANNED

21. 50chevy

50chevy
    BANNED

Yes, he worked on customer cars

22. GaryC

GaryC

I went and I loved it. Only thing I will tell you is bring a note pad & a pen. The knolwedge he shares is amazing, and the sheer amount of it in a short period of time is a bit overwhelming - which is why I'm tempted to go back out sit through the class again. Well worth the money!
    And yup, that's where I met low springs, road apple, lownslow, etc. at. Awesome time!

23. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Dave, You do realize you have to leave Peagrody to get to Gene's shop don't you? :eek: You better start saving a stash of sedatives!

24. Dave, I will be looking for your post with the info. I really want to make it to this class in November.

Where does one stay out there?

25. GaryC

GaryC

There are hotels in town - not too far of a drive from his shop. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the street they were on, but they were there.

26. KIRK!

KIRK!

There's a Motel 6

27. Sracecraft

Sracecraft

I went, an experience I wont forget. Learned some very useful techniques.
    Lancaster and Palmdale are close enough to eat and sleep.
    Craig

28. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

here's a pic of Praisethelowered as Gene gives him tips on chopping... you can't get more hands on than that. :D

Attached Files:

• gg.JPG
      gg.JPG
      File size:
      31.7 KB
      Views:
    • bv.JPG
      bv.JPG
      File size:
      35.3 KB
      Views:
  29. bttt